1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed Pre-orders and purchase

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Rhayn, May 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rhayn

Rhayn Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hi

I apologise in advance, in the event of this query being posted before but I am kind of new to the forums and havent seen everything.

I am looking to pre-order a copy for myself and also for one or both of my daughters. Would I have any problems with this?

I have a steam account and can make one for the children, but pre-orders will be placed with my payment info only.
    Would I be able to purchase several pre-orders with same details?
    Will I need to make a steam account for my kids?

I think I had a couple more questions but my daughter has just disturbed me, so they seem to have fled my mind. Any answers for those questions so far will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

2. Katzeus

Katzeus Chucklefisherman Chucklefish

You can use the same method to pre-order, it's no problem. I bought myself and my GF copies with the same CC, you'll get individual keys for every copy in your email.

Hope that helps!!

3. You shouldn't have problem to buy 3 copy with the same payment information. And for the steam acount, you can but not obligated. As far as i remember, you get one key for steam and one link to download the game from Chucklefish directly (no DRM then) with each purchase.

Drosera likes this.
  4. Rhayn

Rhayn Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Thank you kindly. It certainly does. Main reason to get a few copies is to play with the kids and friends at the same time, so good to know.

5. Alvin Flummox

Alvin Flummox Existential Complex

You'll get sent separate steam keys for each purchase, so you may as well redeem them on separate accounts so your daughter can have her own if you wish her to :)

6. Drosera

Drosera Orbital Explorer

Every steam key is separate in each different pre-order, as stated above, but you could always buy a 4-pack of the game, although I'm not entirely sure if all the keys would be different (which would make sense as the other 3 are meant as gifts) but nonetheless you can buy a 4-pack of the tier level and send out two for your daughters and the other to another friend, so long as they all have a steam account for their new game.

Hope this helped and have fun!
    Drosera, Tier 2 (Silver) Donor

7. That's correct. You'll get 3 Humble Store gift links to giveaway, and each of these will generate its own Steam key/redemption page/etc.

8. mrmax1

mrmax1 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

hi guys! I just wanted to see if I have my badges^^

9. You can see them on your profile under the "Awarded Medals" tab. :)

OmnipotentEntity likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.