1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Power went out while in game- Universe lost?

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Grimbauldus, Jul 25, 2016.

1. Grimbauldus

Grimbauldus Aquatic Astronaut

I got really far in questing. I'm on the Glitch clues search. While on a planet looking for Glitch, my power flickered off at my house restarting my PC. When I rebooted and loaded up the game, instead of being on the planet I was on, or stationary on my ship, I was actually in warp drive on my ship. I still had all of my items and everything. Nothing else was different, except after my ship finished traveling in warp drive, I only had the option to beam down to the planet. Upon doing so, I was placed on a completely different planet. It wasn't even the first planet I adventured. It appears as though everything reset, save for my ship, and my character. Any idea how to get them back? I did /admin and teleported to the Outpost, and everything that I had unlocked is now locked or not even there. Very frustrating, because now I can't even progress in the story mode. :nurumad:

2. Belgarion

Belgarion Scruffy Nerf-Herder

i had the same problem, i adventured quite far in the game, and when i played the avian mission, my computer crashed. it has nothing to do with starbound, it happens to me a lot.
    but when i restarted my pc and relaunched starbound, i was too in warpdrive and arrived on a new beginners planet, while my character and my ship was unchanged. i even got my quest but when i wanted to go on the outpost, i saw that i had no known teleporter to teleport to, so i explored the new planet, activated the door thing to get to the outpost and when i got there, every shop that where available in the past now are unusable.
    So, i assume that when u crash your universe get deleted and u get a fresh one, even if u cant progress in the story
    i still want a way to get my universe back tho

3. Trinosaur

Trinosaur Big Damn Hero

Yup. Sounds like a pretty common issue. This happened to me too!

4. Himeki

Himeki Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Stopping by to say this still happens in the Stable build.

However I had the issue of the game locking up the entire computer when killing an exploding penguin with a rocket during the Dreadwing fight.
    On forcibly rebooting computer and starting back up, I came into the game mid warp, not in the same system, and all teleports gone.

TLDR: Same as above, universe gone, logged in mid warp, but was fighting Dreadwing when the game locked computer up.

EDIT: ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
    If you check the universe folder and note the coordinates of the worlds you were on, you can go in game, use /admin and type in those coordinates in the nav console to fly there for free, then remark your teleports as needed on the planets.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2016
  5. Trinosaur

Trinosaur Big Damn Hero