Post Ruin Story: Help Wanted

Discussion in 'Other' started by Quillon, Dec 11, 2016.

1. Quillon

Quillon Subatomic Cosmonaut

so, I heard that 1.2 is going to improve post-ruin gameplay with custom bosses. here's what I thought up for post-ruin story.

Upon completing the ruin battle, you'll likely return to your ship, thinking everything's all peachy. but, next time you use your teleporter, you'll be brought to the outpost, no matter what. sirens will be going off, and soldiers will be patrolling. you'll meet a Novakid names Gliese, who tells you what's happening. the outpost is being approached by a massive starship. the station's signals are jammed, and all hell is breaking loose across the outpost. you enter the outpost, and find the place a wreck. stores like terramart are boarded up, and broken stuff is everywhere. you see people hiding in many corners of the outpost, and baracades are set up across the area. you'll see a penguin closing the vault door to the beak easy as soon as you approach.
    esther appears in the outpost and tells you to run, and that gliese will help you get back to your ship. but before she can finish, a probe crashes through the roof, scanning everyone in the room. It locks targets on... you. it was looking for you. gliese blasts it out of the sky before it can do anything, though. then, a loud crash is heard. BAM! the starship has arrived. It wasn't very graceful. it kinda smushed half of the warp gate. a hatch on the ship opens. an avian appears. "uh...I'll buy you a new one." sh says.

It's revealed the ship was inhabited by many surviving protectorate members. they had become aware of the ruin's defeat.
    they asked for help in rebuilding the protectorate on a new planet: that lush moon orbiting that gas giant that's always in the backround at the outpost. y'know, that one?

turns out, since the protectorate kinda dissappeared for a while after the earth was destroyed, the Galaxy's Economy has essentially collapsed, and humanitarian crises are happening everywhere.

what will you do now? it's up to you. there are now four different storylines to choose from:

Join Creature Control, a protectorate-based operation where you help fight on ruinites, remnants of the ruin!

Join the PPD, protectorate police department, and quell the riots and anarchy that have sprung up on a few settlements.

Join the Defenders, and protect civilians from the Collaborative, a new military order gaining power, which invades settlements of all species, attempting to conquer the galaxy.

Join the Archeologists, who believe they have a possible lead on surviving ancients!

all four are branches of the new protectorate, and YOU choose which quest line to take! sorry, you can only choose one. :(

thats all i have so far, so... whatdya guys think?

Last edited: Dec 11, 2016