1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Possibility of selling to NPCs in the future?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Pokedan, Jul 1, 2015.

1. Pokedan

Pokedan Intergalactic Tourist

I am wondering if it is possible, likely or confirmed that you will be able to sell items to NPCs in the future. I ask because of this line of dialogue - "Buy or sell!" as shown below.[​IMG]

2. Orioncrush

Orioncrush Poptop Tamer

3. Crossfang

Crossfang Supernova

It's included in the upcoming update. Patience is a virtue. :D

4. Slippery Slime

Slippery Slime Big Damn Hero

I though the title said " Possibility of selling NPC's in the Future" for a second :disshappy:

5. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

You mean like... this?

[​IMG]

Pokedan, Orioncrush and Kayuko like this.
  6. scaper12123

scaper12123 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I cannot wait for this to be a thing. I get so many guns and weapons that i simply throw in the trash because I don't need them.

Pokedan likes this.
  7. Oberic

Oberic Spaceman Spiff

Last I played Nightly, selling was working great, but randomly generated weapons were still worth 0 or 1 pixel.

8. scaper12123

scaper12123 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

oh ya, that's true. Pricing in terms of DPS would be nice.

9. Oberic

Oberic Spaceman Spiff

Maybe. But weapons on nightly have like.. really low DPS numbers due to the new armor system. So it could work, but a few tier 1 weapons are gonna be worth more than a tier 6 probably. I dunno, they'll figure something out.. Maybe weaponlevel+dps as some sorta multiplier

10. arden03

arden03 Big Damn Hero

this a photoshop? playing on nightly and i dont see this at all. talking to a mushroom vendor right now in fact. *edit: NM steam updates were turned off for some reason migrating to new computer.*

11. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

No, it's not photoshopped. Blog posts from at least a month ago would prove otherwise...

Anyway, here's another screenshot, taken just now in at the Outpost.

[​IMG]

Treldent-02 likes this.
  12. Hel

Hel ✨ Johto's Finest ✨ Forum Moderator

Not gonna lie I read that too at first and though oh gawd. Not again :/

Anyways that would be a neat little idea. Some items are worth Pixels. If you don't need them, may as well have Pixels.