1. When making a thread, please tag your thread accordingly using the menu to the left of the textfield where you name your thread where applicable. Server Advertisements and Mod Releases should be contained to their respective subforums.

Server Help Port is open, Clients still cannot connect. Please Assist

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by atliere, Dec 5, 2013.

1. atliere

atliere Space Hobo

I've tried just about everything and I'm getting extremely frustrated now. This isn't my first time forwarding ports to get online access in a game, but it's certainly the most agitating.

So far, I have the port forwarded on the router. This is confirmed by me going to canyouseeme.org/ and getting a successful connection to 21025. The server itself even outputs some errors to the log file since a non-client is trying to bind to it.

I can also connect locally just fine using 127.0.0.1 or 192.168.2.14 So with-in the network it's fine. But both myself and friends STILL cannot cannot using my external IP. Windows firewall is off and I've set my network to be as open as possible even after port forwarding. I've done complete un-install/re-installs multiple times and nothing is solving my problem.

Is their anything I'm missing that anyone can think of?

2. Jansen

Jansen Aquatic Astronaut

Hi, beeing unable to connect by using your external ip from an internal host is a normal behaviour of routers (this would need some special setup to work). PM your external ip and i can try to connect.

Edit: oups sorry, just read that your friend is also unable to connect...

3. atliere

atliere Space Hobo

Nope, Jansen was right. I didn't try getting a friend to connect again after all my tinkering. It is working for out of network connections, I just have to use local myself. Thanks Jansen