1. When making a thread, please tag your thread accordingly using the menu to the left of the textfield where you name your thread where applicable. Server Advertisements and Mod Releases should be contained to their respective subforums.

Server Help Port Forwarding Not Working, Did EVERYTHING right!! (HELP PLEASE)

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by Rkm21, Dec 17, 2013.

1. Emenii

Emenii Space Spelunker

Can I ask what model of Router/Modem you have?

Sorry if you already posted it, I am too lazy to read the entire thread. I want to make sure your "modem" doesn't double as a router as well.

2. Zyvan

Zyvan Void-Bound Voyager

here is what he posted, i am going to modify the IPv4 because he gave the gateway by accident.
    Cisco Ea4200
    ipv4 192.168.1.114
    computer ip - 192.168.1.114

3. PNDAgent117

PNDAgent117 Void-Bound Voyager

If you port forwarded already, set the upnpportforward from true to false in your starbound.config file. Hope this helps.

4. Syntax42

Syntax42 Pangalactic Porcupine

From reading the thread, you do need to turn off UPnP Port Forward in the starbound config files.

Please provide a screenshot of your router's port forwarding page as well as a screenshot of your server's IPv4 configuration with a static IP set.

5. Forti

Forti Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Check with your ISP. As insane as it sounds, your ISP may have intentionally disabled port forwarding altogether in their services to you. I have had these same problems and my ISP tech support were scratching their heads until one of them looked it up and found that Brighthouse, of Florida, does NOT support port forwarding in order to stop hackers. Stupid yes, but I'm shit out of luck when it comes to p2p connections in starbound. Funny enough, I have no trouble connecting to public servers tho.

6. Muska

Muska Space Hobo

Is a bit out of date, but after installing some mods, my server loadup once reaching the "looking for portforwarding balbalabla" suddenly increased the time taken by around +1000% I have no idea why as it loads all the mods very quickly (no difference in time with my previous experienece) but finally it finish looking for the portforward and the server finish loading. So if someone installed mods and having this issue try to wait longer and see what happens.

7. chansen

chansen Space Hobo

For what it's worth, I know what the original problem was, and the resolution, because I was having the same issue. Rkm21 had a Comcast router which was NAT'ing traffic in the 10.x space, and also had a wireless router which was NAT'ing traffic in the 192.168.1.x space, so his server was behind a double NAT. I just had this same issue. The wireless router itself would have a 10.x address (mine was 10.1.10.91), but it was broadcasting 192.168.1.x address to all of its clients. So the only way to fix this is turn off NAT on one of the devices, OR just tell the Comcast router to forward the given port (ex: 21025) to your wireless router (ex: 10.1.10.91), and then also log into your wireless router and tell it to forward traffic from your port (ex: 21025) to the actual server (ex: 192.168.1.5). I set up the double port forwarding rules like this so I wouldn't have to reconfigure the network topology, and it worked fine.

8. Titanium

Titanium Existential Complex

This game still requires port forwarding?

9. irongamer

irongamer Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Yeah it is super annoying if you are trying to play with someone that doesn't have a steam version. I have a friend that picked it up from GoG. This requires running the dedicated server and forwarding ports so we could play together. Crazy annoying... this shouldn't be like setting up a Warcraft 2 game and we shouldn't have to be fiddling with this stuff any more... grumble grumble 2016 grumble... sigh. I'm half expecting someone to pick up the phone and kill our connection. -.-

Last edited: Nov 24, 2016