1. When making a thread, please tag your thread accordingly using the menu to the left of the textfield where you name your thread where applicable. Server Advertisements and Mod Releases should be contained to their respective subforums.

Server Help Port Forwarding Not Working, Did EVERYTHING right!! (HELP PLEASE)

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by Rkm21, Dec 17, 2013.

1. Rkm21

Rkm21 Space Hobo

Yeah I have Router and Modem

2. PPP_Machi

PPP_Machi Astral Cartographer

And your router is connected to the modem right?

3. Zyvan

Zyvan Void-Bound Voyager

did it accept the ip though? first. make sure port forwarding is enabled (duh), second, mine takes about 5 minutes for the port to open, so be patient!. third, if it still does not work, i made 2 port forwards one with start port 80, the other with start port 21025. fourth, make sure on the port checking website you have your external ip adress put in. if this does not work, i don't know what else to do and am very sorry i could not help. what i would suggest is that you leave the server open for 20-30 minutes and then check again. If you are looking for someone to play with though, my server is always avalable for you too hop onto! it's private so there will not be too many people and it is very relaxed, i tend to keep the server up for most of the day so if you want to invite a friend thats fine, you don't have to adventure with us, you can just do your own thing!
    good luck man! and happy hunting!

4. Rkm21

Rkm21 Space Hobo

Yeah router connected to modem

5. Zyvan

Zyvan Void-Bound Voyager

Comcast should not be blocking the port as they don't for me. my router is a modem/router combo. the IP you gave me, was it for the wireless adapter or ethernet?

6. PPP_Machi

I suggest plugging your PC directly into the modem, bypassing the router, see if that fixes anything.

7. Zyvan

Zyvan Void-Bound Voyager

One thing I can think of is that the .2 at the end is not your computers adress, how many devices (like a wii or a computer) do you have connected to the internet?

8. Rkm21

Rkm21 Space Hobo

we have 14 devices

9. Rkm21

Rkm21 Space Hobo

Alright look, 192.168.1.1 = Router access, like the admin login
    192.168.1.114 is my computer ipv4 so its what i put in as the host

10. Zyvan

Zyvan Void-Bound Voyager

Okay, so then the port forward IP to put in would be 192.168.1.114 the computer is looking for that internal IP to request that port to be opened.

11. Rkm21

Rkm21 Space Hobo

Yeah, but when i put that it, it seems like it doesn't even open it

12. PPP_Machi

You could just check the router's status page to see who's connected on which IP, altho I'm pretty sure ipconfig is returning the right IP, some routers start assigning IPs from 192.168.1.100.

I still strongly suggest you to connect directly to your modem tho and bypass the router, as a test, I'm pretty much positive this would fix it (altho we would have to find a way to make it work behind the router too).

13. Zyvan

Zyvan Void-Bound Voyager

yeh, again the server takes a while to open the port. so when it says done after the "searching for port forward" it does not open the port there. it opens the port a little while after it stops loading information, so when it stops scrolling and giving loading messages thats when it opens it

14. Zyvan

Zyvan Void-Bound Voyager

I am finding the point where it should open so give me a few minutes and i can be more specific

15. Rkm21

Rkm21 Space Hobo

sigh, it's just not working

16. Zyvan

Zyvan Void-Bound Voyager

mine says "closing unknown connection as well" i have to wait 30 seconds and it continues. it will open when the server says
    Info: connection recieved
    it will continue to give out a few warns and the same message. at this point check if the port is open on your external ip

17. Zyvan

Zyvan Void-Bound Voyager

I'm sorry man, It took me 9 years to figure this out, and it turns out all i had to do besides entering the info is to just wait for the server to set up and do its thing

18. Zyvan

Zyvan Void-Bound Voyager

my server is up right now if you want to join and some friends want to play

19. Zyvan

Zyvan Void-Bound Voyager

if you give up, just keep the server running for the night and check back in the morning, you might be plesently surprised!
    Good luck man, I know its tough

20. Rkm21

Rkm21 Space Hobo

Thanks alot for the helps