1. When making a thread, please tag your thread accordingly using the menu to the left of the textfield where you name your thread where applicable. Server Advertisements and Mod Releases should be contained to their respective subforums.

Server Help Port Forwarding Not Working, Did EVERYTHING right!! (HELP PLEASE)

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by Rkm21, Dec 17, 2013.

1. Rkm21

Rkm21 Space Hobo

Instructions were to -
    Make sure you Port forwarded

- I went into my router, went into single/range port forwarding, entered 21025 for external/internal ports, and then the last 192.168.XXX.XXX from the computer.
    - Computer Ip I used (192.168.XXX.XXX) I went into cmd and /ipconfig'ed, found it, and put the last two XXX.XXX in

Went to a port checker, and still says closed, tried to open server, says
    "scanning for router for port forwarding", then "closing unknown address type (2) (332)", then just finishes "done scanning for router for portforwarding"
    I also checked the config files and the upnpportforwarding thing was = true

I don't know what the problem is, but I think is my provider. Could it be that 21025 is a blocked port for Comcast?

2. DJ Mikey

DJ Mikey Astral Cartographer

X is not a valid ip address....

3. Rkm21

Rkm21 Space Hobo

Im saying it as numbers

4. Zyvan

Zyvan Void-Bound Voyager

To connect to your server and to port forward you need to use your computers internal IP adress. This will take the form of 10.0.0.X, for instance mine is 10.0.0.3. The IP adress you listed is your external address and is used by your mates to connect to your server. i am using an Arris TG862G-CT and comcast is my provider.
    In the port forwarding screen this is what i have to type in.
    Service name: Other
    Other service: Starbound
    Service type: TCP
    Server IP address: 10.0.0.3 (as this is my internal IP so i have to use it to open my port, which is internal)
    Start port: 80 (I do this so that my mates can connect without having to port forward)
    End port: 21025
    When you connect to your server you need to input your internal IP, so I would enter 10.0.0.3 on the multiplayer screen. go here
    http://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/ after you start your server up from the launcher, mine says what yours said and it takes 2-5 minutes for the server to set up. when it is done setting up (you will know because it will stop scrolling with loading messages) input 21025 into the websites "port number" box. if it comes back as open you are good! Then go here http://www.myipaddress.com/show-my-ip-address/ and give your mates this IP. this is your external IP that they will use to connect to your server.
    If you need more help feel free to contact me.
    Good hunting!
    Sincerly Caleb

5. Rkm21

Rkm21 Space Hobo

My router has it set already 192.168 auto for the portforwarding i can't change the first two

6. PPP_Machi

PPP_Machi Astral Cartographer

192.168.xxx.xxx is a local IP too, it depends on the router which one you're assigned.

7. Rkm21

Rkm21 Space Hobo

Any other way you would suggest? :X

8. Zyvan

Zyvan Void-Bound Voyager

Yeh I forgot to mention that yours might take a diffrent internal IP. Can you do something for me? Press the windows key + R and type in cmd. then type ipconfig. tell me what your ethernet or wireless (whichever one you are using) IPv4 adress is. also can you give me the model and creater of your router? That will help me help you

9. Rkm21

Rkm21 Space Hobo

Cisco Ea4200
    ipv4 192.168.1.1
    computer ip - 192.168.1.114

10. PPP_Machi

Unfortunately, there's not a lot I could recommend you to do, the port forwarding issues are rather common but rarely seem to get resolved.

I could suggest you to go over the basic things like, check if your firewall is not blocking your server, double check to see if you entered the correct IP address or put your computer in the DMZ, which disables your router's firewall completely in connection with your PC. (This is not recommended tho and I haven't seen anyone fixing their issue by doing this.)

Other than those, you could call your ISP to verify that they are not blocking the port.

11. Zyvan

Zyvan Void-Bound Voyager

Okay. In the port forwarding menu in the router home, instead of 192.168.XXX.XXX enter that IPv4 adress (192.168.1.1). also when you start the server tool it can take a while so just wait. when it is done, again check for your port to be open. I think what the issue is is that you entered the wrong internal IP. tell me how it works out

12. Rkm21

Rkm21 Space Hobo

that doesn't work, when i put the 1.1, it says invalid ip

13. PPP_Machi

I'm pretty sure 192.168.1.1 is the gateway address, meaning the address of the router itself, this wouldn't be of much use.

@Rkm21: Do you have your router connected to a modem?

14. Rkm21

Rkm21 Space Hobo

No, it's wireless adapter

15. Zyvan

Zyvan Void-Bound Voyager

Is that the only computer in the house hold that uses the router? Because if not each computer is assigned a unique digit, for mine, since its the third device i get a 3 at the end. I would try changing it to a 3 at the end myself. I am immensely curious. try adding a 2 or a 3 instead of a one. mine does not accept a 1 either.

16. Zyvan

Zyvan Void-Bound Voyager

Yes you are right. the .1 at the end does signify the routers access, so why is cmd giving it to him? i would change the last digit to a 2 or 3 because those are reserved for devices connected to the router

17. Rkm21

Rkm21 Space Hobo

oh, for the .1, that's for the router access, but for the ip, ill chang it

18. Zyvan

Zyvan Void-Bound Voyager

if it accepts the new IP tell me! we will be making progress! Again try entering 192.168.1.2

19. Rkm21

Rkm21 Space Hobo

its closed, doesnt work

20. PPP_Machi

I'm pretty sure you have a modem tho, doesn't Comcast rent out cable internet?