Traditional Poptart's art dump

Discussion in 'Fan Works' started by EvilPoptart81, Mar 29, 2016.

1. Tsukuru

Tsukuru Pangalactic Porcupine

I don't think so! That doesn't sound like your fault! Try to mess with the pen pressure settings in Photoshop more.
    I still can't draw varying lines by just using different pressures. I just manually increase or decrease brush sizes. For example thinner ones for hair or thin clothing, or in areas that you imagine to be heavily illuminated

• EvilPoptart81

EvilPoptart81 Cosmic Narwhal

I might need to re-calibrate the pen then. I can manage some different line widths in the FireAlapaca program. I'll sometimes use Photoshop for coloring in as well, so the varying lines won't matter as much there.

• Tsukuru

Ah, right... I can't really help you with FireAlpaca since I haven't used it, but good luck! You can do a lot more :)

• EvilPoptart81

It's alright though. I do appreciate any little bit of help I can get! <3

• MagicallyClueless

MagicallyClueless Master Astronaut

Everyone draws differently! You should try different techniques if you end up unhappy with solid lines, especially if you haven't been doing digital art for too long. i was going to go on a long rant but i think i went too off topic, lmao.

either way, i completely agree with how much you're improving, and i'm sure practicing more and playing around with different techniques will get a look you like even more.

Gabaw and EvilPoptart81 like this.
            • EvilPoptart81

LOL yeah things have sort of gone off topic a little bit but its okay! I'm managing at least two/three new pics a week it seems, and so far I'm pleased with the results. There's still a lot of room for improvement but I"m up for the challenge! I've been testing out a few different brushes to see what works, some work best for adding details, others not so much! ^^;

Gabaw and MagicallyClueless like this.
              • Satashi26

Satashi26 Phantasmal Quasar

Been excessivly busy, but I really like the Haley picture :) will try to give more details when I can!

EvilPoptart81 likes this.
                • EvilPoptart81

@Satashi26 Hey no worries! I may still re-work her a little, there's a number of things I'm one too pleased with.

• EvilPoptart81

I started out trying to draw Riley again last night, it ended up turning into Abigail so I kept it. *Always needs more Abby* I've got a lot of other things I want to work on, I'll add this to the pile!
                    New Abby.png

RoraBorealis, Gabaw, mrobake and 6 others like this.
                    • Tsukuru

Don't you love when you want to draw something and it turns into something else spontaneously?
                      Just keep drawing please! You're going somewhere, I know it :) I think Abby's face and expression especially turned out very well in this one.

Gabaw, Pudassassin and Satashi26 like this.
                      • EvilPoptart81

@Tsukuru Thank you very much! I honestly surprised myself with this one! I do think i'm coming out of that art funk more and more, even if I'm just working on quick sketches like these! ^_^

Satashi26 likes this.
                        • Satashi26

ooooh Abby!

Love the eye shadow and mascara! Nose looks cute too! nice smile, good lines on face. Hair is very Abby like and the body is positioned well. The sleeve looks nice too! Great bust size *thumbs up* Only thing I see "off" is her choker. doesn't look like it wraps around her neck correctly :(

Pudassassin likes this.
                          • EvilPoptart81

@Satashi26 Oh good catch! I double checked that myself and yeah, what's up with that? Okay I can fix that easily before I go to do her line art! <3 That choker looks more like it was painted on rather than it looking natural on her neck. ;^ : Sowwy Abby, I messed up your neck.

Satashi26 likes this.
                            • Satashi26

Maybe she did paint it on! I wouldn't put it past her!

EvilPoptart81 likes this.
                              • EvilPoptart81

It's maaaagic~ (∩ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)⊃━☆゚. * ・ 。゚,

MagicallyClueless likes this.
                                • EvilPoptart81

Riley's got a new BFF!! After spending some time chatting @Satashi26 lately on skype, I wanted to do a quick sketch of our farmer girls together. LOL I keep adding to the pile of things to do don't I?
                                  Kim n Riley.png

Sandriel, RoraBorealis, Gabaw and 6 others like this.
                                  • Tsukuru

Riley's hair looks so fun to draw! You're really working everything out pretty well!

• EvilPoptart81

Thank you! and yes Riley's hair is fun to draw! It's simple and flippy :3

Satashi26 likes this.
                                      • Firepaw Da Cat

Firepaw Da Cat The Fluffy Cat

Your art is really good! [​IMG] and it's nice to see that you're also improving

Satashi26 likes this.
                                        • EvilPoptart81

Thank you very much! I really do feel like I'm improving! Just a little more every day.