1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed Poor game performance

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by TheLegitimantis, Feb 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheLegitimantis

TheLegitimantis Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hey there, I've been playing Starbound for a long time (since 2014 or 2015, I think. You get the point.), and it's run pretty poorly for me. Not sure if it's a problem on part of the game, or my computer.

My computer's specs are well above the game's minimum requirements:
    16GB RAM
    AMD A10-7850k 3.7GHz
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960

The game generally runs at about 20-30 FPS; it's a lot better at 3x zoom but I vastly prefer 2x. If any kind of weather is onscreen, the game runs at about 10 FPS and everything moves in slow motion; same thing is true at the Outpost and in any areas with large amounts of NPCs, projectiles, or anything that moves, really. The game performs the same with, or without, mods installed. It doesn't seem to change the framerate or performance at all.

I've heard that the Multiplayer with Steam Friends option can cause some issues; this is not the case here. Turning it on or off makes no difference for me.

I've posted here a couple times before, but I've never really gotten a good response, or a solution, either.

2. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.