1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

[Poll]What type of planet is your favorite?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by haynesy566, May 20, 2015.

?

What Planet/Biome is your favorite?

1. Desert

7 vote(s)
    10.9%
  2. Ocean

12 vote(s)
    18.8%
  3. Forest

18 vote(s)
    28.1%
  4. Artic

17 vote(s)
    26.6%
  5. Moon

1 vote(s)
    1.6%
  6. Asteroids

3 vote(s)
    4.7%
  7. Outpost (Just cause)

3 vote(s)
    4.7%
  8. Volcanic/Magma

3 vote(s)
    4.7%
  1. Hel

Hel ✨ Johto's Finest ✨ Forum Moderator

Snow. Because I love it and it sets a really nice scene. Plus is just looks nice and I really like the snow. Not the cold.

Tamorr and haynesy566 like this.
  2. Taich

Taich Tentacle Wrangler

It really often changes for me. For a while it was the ocean planet but then I found out it's not possible to poison whole ocean planets :diving::(

haynesy566 likes this.
  3. Azraile

Azraile Ketchup Robot

:headbanging:Oh where is my mind, oh there in the ocean see it swimming....

haynesy566 and Artay001 like this.
  4. Rounded Pebbles

Rounded Pebbles Astral Cartographer

Personally, I've always liked the ice biomes due to the relaxing atmosphere that winter brings (usually quiet, the snow's inviting) and I have a love for the tree art that they made up for them :DD

haynesy566 likes this.
  5. Azraile

Azraile Ketchup Robot

I liked the ice bobble trees, but never found it too relaxing with the whole frezzingto death thing... lol

If they add temp back to the game I hope they make plants affected by heat and soil or something....

always thought it was strange plants that only grow in say flesh sudently are able to only grow in dirt when you get a hold of them.... and tree's made out of ice can grow on a volcanic world with oceans of lava....... x.x

haynesy566 likes this.
  6. Model QT-377665

Model QT-377665 Ketchup Robot

Going to have to go with Snow Planets, something peaceful yet fascinating about them.

haynesy566 likes this.
  7. Nakelo

Nakelo Void-Bound Voyager

Awh, you seem to of forgotten Volcanic and Magma. :(

haynesy566 likes this.
  8. ipsum629

ipsum629 Space Spelunker

I like certain planets for certain activities. Arctic for colonizing because it has infinite water and no chance of any native settlers.
    Desert for archeology
    Volcanic for the hunt/fight
    alien for the wtf
    I spend most time on my arctic undersea paradise, though

9. LordBaconator

LordBaconator Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Magma Ocean.

Build over the "magma" part and now you've turned it into "Permanent Sunset Ocean." :D

10. WesleySpaceCadet

WesleySpaceCadet Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Arid Desert Planets. They aren't too sandy or Forest like. It's just right to do anything with.

11. KingTomato

KingTomato Jackpot!

i definetly like barren planets. i feel like i could build a huge nice laboratory and stuff.

12. Alexthe666

Alexthe666 Starship Captain

It seams everyone is forgetting the wasteland planets. The ones with the prisioners, abandoned bunkers and buildings with neat loot, and deadbeats. Those are my favorites.

13. KingTomato

KingTomato Jackpot!

i really dont like those, mainly because i dont like the apocalyptic feeling of that planet

14. Tamorr

Tamorr Supernova

Wouldn't quite say that would be my favorite... Since I love the forested like areas with all that green or odd colors. However does give ideas for places to build though. :nuruhappy:

15. Mythril-Jelly

Mythril-Jelly Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Midnight for beautiful landscapes, but the monsters and dust storms make building annoying. If they would stop chewing on my tenants and knocking me off the roofs when I build... It'd stay there permanently. Also if dust wouldn't phase through walls it would be literal perfection.

Moons also for their beautiful landscapes, but since all of them have meteorites I'm currently forced to ignore their surfaces. That hasn't stopped me from deciding that due to their small size, it's the ideal place to build a massive underground city that makes a worldwide loop, the blocks break like butter too making the job much easier. Since wipes are supposedly gone I started the project again two days ago. If you don't touch the Erchius it's as safe and monster-free as it gets. I wish we could get shield generators, then I could actually build my city on the surface with that beautiful scenery.

16. Lintton

Lintton Guest

Used to be asteroids, before they all became 16000 square long(I'm wary circumnavigating something like that with wall panels and glass....again.) made a colony on volcano. but devoid of difficulty, I think I'd choose jungle.

17. Mooncalf99

Mooncalf99 Spaceman Spiff

There's a mod that makes blocks impervious to weather damage (meteors and fire rain), so you can build on the surface now. It doesn't make your squishy body impervious, so you still have to duck inside when the rocks fall, but your moon mansion will be fine.

I would like moons better if the background sound was more pleasant. Like the asteroid theme.