1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

[Poll]What type of planet is your favorite?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by haynesy566, May 20, 2015.

?

What Planet/Biome is your favorite?

1. Desert

7 vote(s)
    10.9%
  2. Ocean

12 vote(s)
    18.8%
  3. Forest

18 vote(s)
    28.1%
  4. Artic

17 vote(s)
    26.6%
  5. Moon

1 vote(s)
    1.6%
  6. Asteroids

3 vote(s)
    4.7%
  7. Outpost (Just cause)

3 vote(s)
    4.7%
  8. Volcanic/Magma

3 vote(s)
    4.7%
  1. haynesy566

haynesy566 Heliosphere

Just though I'd create this to get a bit of community feedback on which planet is best, my opinion is still the Forest type planets just for the wood and nice peaceful atmosphere it creates

Comment any choices not listed

Nakelo likes this.
  2. River King

River King Big Damn Hero

My all time favorite would be the beach I love the water and sealife.Wish Starbound had more Fishing items and stuff because would make life perfect for me. >~<

3. haynesy566

haynesy566 Heliosphere

I have built an underwater city on one world using the Hytol race, it's amazing! :diving:

shannyxvx and AtticusStrife like this.
  4. Artay001

Artay001 Pangalactic Porcupine

While I like them all and they're all useful for their own reasons, my aesthetic choice would probably be frozen ocean planets. Sailing across a vast expanse of water while it snows with the aurora overhead makes for some nice Starbound wallpapers. :D

5. FloomRide

FloomRide Cosmic Narwhal

Oceans are nice but my favorite will always be snow planets.
    Arctic not Artic btw

Hel and haynesy566 like this.
  6. DJFlare84

DJFlare84 Spaceman Spiff

+1 this guy's sense of taste. I love snowy worlds, and I love ocean worlds.

So, combine the two and you have a Reese's Peanut-Butter cup.

You got your peanut-butter all over my chocolate but I'm okay with that. Bl

AtticusStrife and haynesy566 like this.
  7. AtticusStrife

AtticusStrife Tentacle Wrangler

The Arctic/Snow biome is my favorite due to how I feel about winter. Winter has always been a great time of year for me. It makes me feel more at home when I build on an arctic planet.

haynesy566 likes this.
  8. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

I love them all for different reasons. But if I could safely build an ocean base without risk of creating a void in the water if I move things around... I would make ocean my top pick.

9. MrToni300

MrToni300 Ketchup Robot

I totally like ocean so much, because i would constructing so many underwater bases, not under poison or magma bases.

10. Gevouden

Gevouden Big Damn Hero

The outpost is actually my favorite ( even with the lag) and I wish I could build there.

11. lazarus78

Last edited: May 20, 2015
  12. Gevouden

Gevouden Big Damn Hero

haynesy566 likes this.
  13. lazarus78

It was literally 1 line edit. Changing the outpost's protected state to false.

14. Gevouden

Gevouden Big Damn Hero

My hardware is a bit dated ,or i coulda done it myself. System freezes about 10 minutes after I start unpacking the resources.

15. lazarus78

Well either way, I took it as a challange. Usually when I do that, I end up solving world problems and all, but I don't do it often. :rofl: Its how I made the first 1.8 compatible xray resource pack for Minecraft... and the reason why I know ~everything there is to know about Starbound's universe generation.

16. MrToni300

MrToni300 Ketchup Robot

lazarus78, im not gonna use that modification, because i told ya, on my first thread.

17. Tamorr

Tamorr Supernova

Hmm... Can't vote on the poll...

My favorite is the jungle planet. Plenty of ground plants, and chance I might see a koala there. Well hope I'll find one.

Other than that; any planet with a friendly koala on it that is not a totally hostile world.

18. Arylin

Arylin Subatomic Cosmonaut

I'd have to pick Ocean planets (including the frozen variant), simply because of the potential for island living (I've yet to build a house on any though since I love shipboard life just as much). I do hope in the future there'll be things like hermit huts and the like on islands instead of having all the good stuff entirely on the seabed.

Desert worlds are a close second mainly due to their sandstorms; walking around with a flashlight in the midst of one at night is one of my favorite things to do. Third would be all the icy non-ocean planets.

19. lazarus78

Please don't cross-post in reply to me. Its out of context and irrelevant. And it's not your thread, it is my thread for discussion of the mod. Keep it there.

20. Lintton

Lintton Guest

Asteroids, deserts, and lush.

Asteroids because it feels like a blank slate, and I can do whatever.

Desert because glass and weather.

Lush because scenery and weather.

Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2015
    haynesy566 likes this.