REQUEST Pokemon Themed Soundtrack Challenge!

Discussion in 'Mods' started by LeafeonTea, Mar 13, 2016.

?

POKEMON!

1. GOTTA CATCH THEM ALL

3 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. SO TRUE

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. OUR COURAGE WILL PULL US THROUGH

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  1. LeafeonTea

LeafeonTea Space Hobo

I've been trying and trying to mod in pokemon sounds to be the companion of all these pokemon mods, like making the dogs make a growlithe sound from the video games (leaving a few woofs in there) and the cats make a meowth noise (leaving a few mews)- Miltank noises for the cows, Tauros for goats, Mareep for sheep, torchick, ect. I wanted to throw in some tracks from the game in but I cannot get the source path to change and I can't get it to compile.

So I'm saying I'm done with this, I'm not meant to be a modder but I'm ready to pass the torch to anyone who thinks they are brave enough! I'm going to put the information I gathered here to be a resource to others who want to have a hand and try!
    ~Resource material~

Sound Hacking guide; http://community.playstarbound.com/...modding-discussion.106868/page-7#post-2795638

Pokemon cries
    ; https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemon/comments/1s16ht/651_pokemon_cries_in_wav_and_493_cries_in_mp3_saw/

You'll need to know the pokedex number of the pokemon to find the tracks quickly, so here's a quick look at the what I wrote down. I'm going to list the pokemon in correlation to the animal I wanted to replace AND the sound files I could find that belong to said animal.

Animals
    #580 Ducklett/ Duck: 000000e7
    #255 Torchick/ Chickens: 0000001f 00000021 00000149
    #128 Tauros/ Goats: 0000004F (Could be goat/sheep hard to tell, needs research)
    #058 Growlithe/ Dog: 0000013c
    #052 Meowth/ Cat: 0000013f
    #241 Miltank/ Cow: 00000052
    #079 Slowpoke/ Pig: 00000082 (00000083 I replaced with a stocksound of a yawn, because)
    #179 Mareep/ Sheep: 000000e8 (could be goat)

I listed it like this so if people wanted their cats to be like a Liepard they could easily see that cats use what sound file. I distinctly remember there being more noises for each category but I never marked them down to change because I thought hearing pokemon noises all the time would be annoying (except Tauros, It would be weird if he baa'd haha!).

I never made a list for a conversion from Stardew background music to Pokemon Themes because I never made it that far,

Good luck to anyone who tries this! You're a better person than me LOL