WIP Pokédew Valley - Pokémon retextures

Discussion in 'Mods' started by ninjatulio, Mar 6, 2016.

1. bulbaswat

bulbaswat Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Update on that: I may have massively sped up progress by remembering one of the tools I have in my image editor.
    upload_2016-3-29_20-8-36.png

• bulbaswat

And I think it's done. It's basically least effort to get to completion, but I think it turned out decent.
      upload_2016-3-29_20-21-33.png
      What d'ya think? (sorry for three posts in a row by the way)

The Mage Of Mist likes this.
      • Sarahfiren

Sarahfiren Phantasmal Quasar

350 150 ? for this background im done just need to resize

• Sarahfiren

oh ... ok ... well I wish you would of told me ..

• Sarahfiren

yours looks similar maybe better then mine

• bulbaswat

Shouldn't need to resize if the result image is really close to the 400x187 that I said was the absolute max. The 350x150 was just an estimate on the size for the text alone, not including the board. Also I have a "finished product" screenshot of mine, but I'm worried what it would look like in game. About to package and test it now. Here's what it will hopefully look like:
              upload_2016-3-29_20-35-9.png

Sarahfiren likes this.
              • Sarahfiren

• bulbaswat

Think I'll stick with mine surprisingly. I'm afraid your's looks, I think the best word I can describe it with is repetitive? But anyways, now to see about ingame appearance. Cross your fingers!

• Sarahfiren

what image editor do you have?

• Sarahfiren

oh no I like yours I dont have to many skills with a pc I work with mobile art apps pc confuses me

what you did was what one of my mobile apps can do remove text without harming picture ^-^ thats why I was wondering your looks good and good luck !

• bulbaswat

I use RealWorld Paint. I believe I've heard it described as like Photoshop, but with fewer features (not sure how many it lacks in comparison though) and free. The way I did that so fast is through a color replacer command that I found. It has the ability to use plugins as well as custom scripts, so if you know what you're doing I imagine it could become pretty powerful. Sadly it seems there isn't as much support for it as there was when I first got it. I think the most recent version is the 2013 edition. But it still meets all my standards for image editing, especially the free part, and I've used it for about 3-4 years now, so I've stuck with it over other suggested programs so far.

Oh and also, my fear has been realized:
                      upload_2016-3-29_20-50-3.png upload_2016-3-29_20-51-53.png
                      But I should be able to fix this as well. I will not however, be able to make the leaves animated like they are in the original. If that is wanted, then someone else will have to do it further down the road. For now, I just have to edit the animations for the leaves to be static images instead. Once I get that done, it should be complete.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2016
                        Sarahfiren likes this.
                      • bulbaswat

Okay so I finished editing that bit. Haven't tested, but pretty sure it'll work fine based on my knowledge of how it should work. But there is one last thing that I just noticed that is also part of this. It seems to be an animation that appears over the E from the original "Stardew Valley" text, but I don't think I've ever seen it happen in game before, so I'm assuming that means it's either A. An extremely rare occurrence B. Not actually coded to trigger (I feel this is least likely) or C. I haven't actually met the requirement to trigger it.

I'll post a screenshot of it in a spoiler, just in case it's supposed to surprise you or something when it does happen, and thus some people would not want to see it ahead of that time.
                        upload_2016-3-29_21-15-46.png

Since I don't even know for sure if this ever actually pops up in game, and I don't currently feel like finding out what portion of the board it happens at in order to edit it for the new board, I think I'll leave this alone for now. But if need be, I suppose I could come back to this and do it. Just not tonight, as I've had my sleeping pills already, and although they don't seem to make me that sleepy, they do put me in a weird state after about 30-40 minutes, so yeah. I'm just gonna pack the new version and post it here.

Oh yeah, and I would like to post the credits for that "Pokedew Valley" image with that as well, seeing as how it's not my work. So if you could just tell me that, I can post this and be on my merry way for the night.

Sarahfiren likes this.
                        • The Mage Of Mist

The Mage Of Mist Phantasmal Quasar

You knock on one of the E's in the title screen, and after a few knocks, it opens and an alien pops out waving at you. ^^

• bulbaswat

Yeah, I figured that out last night when I couldn't sleep and decided to check the wiki. As a result, I decided to make the edit for it as well. It doesn't look that good in my opinion, but maybe it'll look better to me ingame (haven't actually tested it yet, I need to start doing that more often)? Anyway, as I said last night, I just need to know who to credit for the "Pokedew Valley" image that was used, and I will go ahead and post it here. I really don't like to post something without giving credit when it's not all my work.

• Sarahfiren

Pedguin

Capture.PNG Capture1.PNG

• bulbaswat

Ah good. Well then, here is the mod then.
                                "Pokedew Valley" text made by Pedguin
                                Various edits by me and Sarahfiren
                                upload_2016-3-30_20-5-20.png

If the link doesn't work or there is some sort of problem, do let me know.

With that, I think I can call this mod done for now.

Sarahfiren likes this.
                                • Sarahfiren

thank you ! trying this out now how do I tag Pedguin they wanted this too !

• Sarahfiren

Capture.PNG

Nice job!!!

bulbaswat likes this.
                                    • bulbaswat

Uhh, that I do not know. Maybe try finding their account and sending them a dm, or whatever this site's equivalent of that is?

• SwEg LoRd

SwEg LoRd Space Hobo

Charizard is the only pokemon..