REQUEST Please, please, please, a shinx reskin for cat pets ;~;

Discussion in 'Mods' started by LeBui, Mar 30, 2016.

1. LeBui

LeBui The Court

If someone could either teach me how to make a reskin for pets or make a shinx reskin on their own, I would be eternally grateful! It's something I want soooo badly for a special someone, so please halp ;~;

Also uhm. A buizel reskin for cats would be incredible too, but first things first.

(for those of you who have no earthly idea what I'm on about, a Shinx is a cute, catlike electric-type pokemon from.. Well.. The Pokemon games and a buizel is a water type otter-weasel thing.

http://33.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9mxptUygZ1rpxvj3.jpg

That's what a shinx looks like, in case anybody was wondering.

• XaviiKinz

XaviiKinz Space Penguin Leader

Medicell, bulbaswat and LeBui like this.
    • LeBui

LeBui The Court

Oh my god thank you so much! n.n

How exactly do I use the files though? I'm really new to this stuff

• XaviiKinz

First go in this folder: "/Stardew Valley/Content/Animals/" and make a back up of the "cat.xnb" file (so that if you want to go back to the original cat you only have to copy&paste it back).
        Then extract the "Content" folder from the rar you want to use (either "Buizel as Cat" or "Shinx as Cat" - obviously you can't use both!) in your game folder, and overwrite when asked. It should now be working!

LeBui likes this.
        • LeBui

LeBui The Court

Thanks a ton, I'll try it out when I get home :3

• bulbaswat

bulbaswat Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Ooh, I like this! Shinx is one I planned on doing eventually, as it's another one of my favourites, but it seems now I don't have to! Be sure to get this on the list of pokemon retextures thread as well, so it's easy for everyone else to find!

Edit: Also, would you mind if I did an icon to match it, and eventually hopefully a cry once I find out what files are used for cats sounds?

LeBui likes this.
            • XaviiKinz

Thanks! I did as you said and linked it in the Pokémon Retexures thread.

Sure, go right ahead! I don't mind at all.

LeBui and bulbaswat like this.
              • bulbaswat

Alright, will get to that right after I look into a game that just went on sale. Gotta see if it's worth getting, then I will get to the icon. That cry is gonna take a lot more effort though, unless someone else has already located the cat sounds.

Destany89 likes this.
                • XaviiKinz

The cat sounds are contained in the "Wave Bank.xwb" file, and they're called "0000014c.wav" and "0000014d.wav".
                  I found out by following the SOUND\MUSIC MODDING GUIDE for v1.05+.
                  Hopefully that helps.

LeBui likes this.
                  • bulbaswat

Thanks for that info, I never found that it seems when I was learning how to do it. Also, just finished the icon and posted it on my thread here. I hope you don't mind, but I did link here so people could grab your mod to go with it. Seemed like a logical idea to me. Will get to doing the cry now.

LeBui and XaviiKinz like this.
                    • XaviiKinz

No problem. The icon looks perfect, by the way.

bulbaswat likes this.
                      • bulbaswat

Glad you like it! That's the way I've been doing all of my icons in. Just finished the sound mod as well, just finished the upload and am about to go post it in my thread. One last thing, would you mind if I take yours and make a shiny version of it? Or is that going to far? I understand if you don't want me too, I'm just in the mood for doing this kinda stuff at the moment and don't feel like stopping just yet.

XaviiKinz likes this.
                        • XaviiKinz

Don't worry, you can do as you like. Why would I ever be against a shiny Shinx? The more, the better I say!

bulbaswat likes this.
                          • bulbaswat

Shiny version is now done and uploaded! Thanks for letting me do this, I actually really enjoyed doing it!

Edit: Oh yeah, and if you ever decide to post this on your own thread Xavii, or the link on this page for some reason becomes unavailable, let me know so I can take care of the corresponding information on my thread, okay?

XaviiKinz likes this.
                            • Destany89

Destany89 Cosmic Narwhal

• XaviiKinz

Ahahah no need to bribe me :rofl: Here's Persian:
                              [​IMG]
                              The download link is here!

Hope you like it!

bulbaswat and Destany89 like this.
                              • Destany89

Destany89 Cosmic Narwhal

Thank you so much :) Persian is my most gave Pokemon ever and I like the meowth resprite but this is just perfect! ,thank you so much!!!

XaviiKinz likes this.
                                • bulbaswat

Oh thank goodness. This is another one I had planned to do because people were requesting it. I might decide to make icons cry and shiny of this as well, if that's okay with you. Lately I've really enjoyed the work I've been doing modding Stardew, so I can't seem to help but take on more projects.

Seriously though, I'm glad I don't have to do that part at least. That's the part I have the most trouble with. The rest from there though is pretty quick and easy, usually. Now I just need to continue my self education on how to sprite things from scratch so I can make an Absol sitting pose.

XaviiKinz likes this.
                                  • XaviiKinz

As before, I don't mind at all, so go right ahead. More content is always welcome!
                                    And good luck on your Absol sitting pose, I know for a fact that spriting things from scratch is hard.

bulbaswat likes this.
                                    • Destany89

Destany89 Cosmic Narwhal

A cry would be awesome do you have a thread or something of your complete mods? :3