1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

PLEASE HELP - old save files not showing up in 1.0

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by cuspid, Jul 28, 2016.

1. cuspid

cuspid Space Spelunker

I have been looking everywhere for an answer to this. Basically, I have my old characters and universe backed up and also in (I last played in may) giraffe_storage but since updating to 1.0 I cannot access them.
    I really cant start over. I've spent too much time on it, has anyone found a fix to this?
    I can send my files or whatever is needed.
    I'm running Windows 64.

2. Kaede Grimwater

Kaede Grimwater Existential Complex

1.0 had a wipe. The sheer amount of things that have changed means that older saves probably aren't compatible.

3. cuspid

cuspid Space Spelunker

But how is it that other people did not get wiped/were able to restore them? The issue is I cant seem to find any instructions on how to do so...

4. Kaede Grimwater

Kaede Grimwater Existential Complex

I haven't heard of people restoring their old beta saves.

5. Tamorr

Tamorr Supernova

The only ones that were able to use a save prior to 1.0, is if they were playing on 0.8 pre-release of 1.0 on the unstable branch. Since it was essentially 1.0, it works. However anything before that I am assuming is save compatibility. The save I used came from that version and how I know. Which was made on unstable branch 2 weeks before 1.0 was released. So I am one person using a beta character, or well pre-release character.

Of course something as old as may would be not compatible; since a lot changed on the unstable since then, if that is what old save you are referring to. If the old save was from stable, then I'd have to say that hadn't gotten an update in a long time before the 1.0 release.

I make too many characters, and probably play them all. Although using that one as my main for the moment. Got a couple others setup already, and a few more in mind to make; after all I personally want to have at least one of each race. :nuruhappy: