Playing Matchmaker

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Xamerzan, Nov 7, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Xamerzan

Xamerzan Cosmic Narwhal

What if players had the option to play match-maker with the other bachelors and bachelorettes? Once you marry who you want, the last 2 hearts of the other marriageable NPCs would be automatically unlocked, but won't allow you to match NPCs between them until you're at 10 hearts with at least 2 other bachelors and/or bachelorettes... the 10-heart events would be slightly different if you're already married to someone at this time, otherwise they'll play like normal.

What do you think?

• BewareOfOni

BewareOfOni Tentacle Wrangler

I think this is a good idea, cant let the bachelors and bachelorettes be lonely foreva :3

• Xamerzan

Xamerzan Cosmic Narwhal

Agreed!

BewareOfOni likes this.
        • amyhistoria

amyhistoria Industrial Terraformer

I think there can be a backup for your rivals - Grown up Vincent for Penny if you marry Sam, Clint for Emily if you marry Shane.

• Jayfeather980

Jayfeather980 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Do Shane and Emily even interact out side of dancing at the flower festival? They never struck me as being that interested in each other. Emily with Clint seems more likely provided Clint can get his act together. I could see Shane meeting a girl in Zuzu City when he goes for therapy, and introducing her to the town.

On second thought, Backups do start to get a little messy...

However It would be interesting to see Jas and Vincent grow up and get married.

• Xamerzan

Xamerzan Cosmic Narwhal

Technically they don't, or at least not as often as we've seen beyond the Flower Dance... according to the Stardew Valley Wiki, Shane and Emily are considered friends and it would likely stand to reason that they'd end up together if the player chooses not to pick either one of them as their spouse... I've seen both their personalities and I honestly feel like they'd fit well for each other.

• Xamerzan

Xamerzan Cosmic Narwhal

Maybe we could have pre-made back-ups that will move to STV after you've married. This person could still be married to the player if they decide to divorce their current spouse, but the alternative is to match them with the counterpart character who would be left alone when you married your first chosen.

I have Foxska to thank for reminding me of these little details I missed when I first posted this post. :)