1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Playable Cats Version 4.0

Don't just have a pet cat--BE one!

1. BlueLeafeon

BlueLeafeon Cosmic Narwhal

BlueLeafeon updated Playable Cats with a new update entry:

Finale Animation Fix

Read the rest of this update entry...

2. BeckyRAT

BeckyRAT Astral Cartographer

So uh... the newest update, the cats ...float. xD

3. BlueLeafeon

Are you playing with the Siamese add-on? Did you make sure that both of them are up-to-date?

4. BlueLeafeon

BlueLeafeon updated Playable Cats with a new update entry:

Female ouch sound change

Read the rest of this update entry...

5. BeckyRAT

BeckyRAT Astral Cartographer

Hello, Leafeon! You mentioned last you wanted custom sprites...? I can lend a hand. It's been years since I've sprited anything, but I still know how to do it. My only issue is, I don't know WHAT to do to start. Know of any resources I can base like say.... a bed on?

6. BlueLeafeon

Been trying to figure that out myself. People on steam have been wanting catnip and baskets. Especially the catnip. :rofl:

7. BlueLeafeon

Corraidhín likes this.
  8. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

Oh my, I need to get back to SB >w< I had forgotten!! and glad to see this is still in development! wish I could help, but im still pretty bad at pixelart

9. Antej

Antej Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Does it work with 1.3 version now?

10. BlueLeafeon

Apparently, the introduction of mechs has broken a specific quest. :/ I haven't been able to play the game at all since starbound 1.2. If anyone wants to take up developing for this species, I'll be glad to let them do so. I want the mod to be playable, but I just can't keep up with the troubleshooting required anymore.

EDIT: In this case, it seems to be a simple fix of adding new animations.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2017
  11. BlueLeafeon

jonathonspy likes this.
  12. Dragon_Tom005

Dragon_Tom005 Existential Complex

What if when the cats used melee weapons it would look more like they were using their claws? and when you give them tiered weapons it would be like, the claws are coated with various metals like durateel or given a glove-like texture? sort of like the currently available glove/melee weapons.

13. rylasasin

rylasasin Cosmic Narwhal

Now we just need to make the cats collision box/object orientation match up.

It is possible, Penguin Piracy proved that.

(Edit: I've done the work myself if the author wants the file).

Last edited: Jul 6, 2017
  14. BlueLeafeon

If anyone is better at mod-making than I am, and want to pick this project up for improvements, I believe it's time for me to pass the baton on to someone who has more time/knowledge to get these things done. I'd like to see this mod get as big as the Avali or Felins mods, but I just don't have the time and energy to do so.

15. moldyaco

moldyaco Void-Bound Voyager

I think you should add some designs for the fur, like stripes, spots, etc...

16. BlueLeafeon

Thank you for your efforts. I've passed this mod off to someone else on steam, and I'll lend them your work, since they were talking about doing the same thing.

Honestly, I thought the hitbox WAS fixed? o_O

17. BlueLeafeon

Everyone, I have found someone who is gung-ho about continuing this mod. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem like they're going to upload it here, so here's the link to the steam:
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1300828186

Thank you, rylsasin; the new modkeeper has already added your edits into the new mod. I told them to credit you, but I haven't checked to see if they have.

Edit: they have, good.

DrPvtSkittles likes this.
  18. AmberFlame_YT

AmberFlame_YT Void-Bound Voyager

its like the game Battle Cats, but in infinite space! (oh wait the cats already did that)