1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Playable Cats Version 4.0

Don't just have a pet cat--BE one!

1. BlueLeafeon

BlueLeafeon Cosmic Narwhal

BlueLeafeon updated Playable Cats with a new update entry:

Yet Another Bugfix + Respawn change

Read the rest of this update entry...

2. BlueLeafeon

On another note, I got fed up with the Hylotl's spaceship being somewhat limited, and changed my own ship to be Avian. (...Well, Egyptians DID worship cats...) and I'm wondering of anyone who plays the mod would care to use the Avian ship as well.

I've asked the original creator if I can upload this version to steam workshop but have not received a response yet.

Some people on there have good ideas though, so I might implement them if I can figure out how.

3. BeckyRAT

BeckyRAT Astral Cartographer

Yep, still does it, Leafeon. Crashes when starting a new game, even with that edited one you gave. I'm not sure what all I'm doing wrong, cause it's just the playable cat file, playing on Casual, and skipping the intro.

4. BlueLeafeon

Okay, so I know it wasn't the dungeons with cat villagers that I tried to spawn in...

Very, very confusing...

From what I can gather, something seems to be trying to generate a map by species, and there's no species data for cats, hence the error. This being the case, there should be an easy fix if only we could figure out what's causing it...

Well, if those other modded species you have installed are all working, I'll go study them and see what they have that I don't. Can you name one specific one that you've played and works smoothly, so I'll know where to start?

The only other thing I can think of is removing all your mods except playable cats, and checking to see if the game runs then. But that's going to be difficult when they're all through steam lol.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2016
  5. BeckyRAT

Yeah, all the other species work just fine. Both yours and the Steam version of playable cats are doing that to me, however. So I don't know what else to do... If I uninstall Frackin Universe, I have to delete all other character...

6. BlueLeafeon

...Okay, knowing that the steam version is also doing this gives me an idea of what to look for. Unfortunately, I leave on a 3 day trip tomorrow so I won't be able to fix the file this weekend. But as soon as I get back, I will see what I can do.

I seriously doubt you'll have to uninstall frackin universe since I got it to work with both mods running.

7. BeckyRAT

Ok cool. Enjoy your trip! I'm probably late on that, but that's ok, you'll see it later.X3 Thanks for looking into it.

8. BlueLeafeon

Thanks! It was great. And no problem--I want to try to fix it if it's at all possible.

Speaking of which, I've made a separate topic about the matter. Hopefully somebody can help me figure it out. Might want to keep an eye on that topic as well.

In other news...

Before my short vacation, I was working on a certain something which I'm not quite ready to release yet...

[​IMG]

Npcs! Both merchants and crew members.

The only problem is that I cannot seem to be able to force crew members to NOT wear protectorate uniforms, despite clearly editing the code to make them wear the invisible clothes. So I have to actually use a tailor crew member to make everyone wear invisible clothes. Obviously, this would get...er...awkward with humanoids. In my next update, if you really want cat crew members, you'll be able to use the /spawnnpc command to get them. (I haven't yet figured out how to implement cat villagers.)

9. BlueLeafeon

Minor fixes and NPCs!

10. MajesticBBQ

MajesticBBQ Big Damn Hero

Hey just wondering is this mod vanilla friendly?

11. BlueLeafeon

I don't play multiplayer...so I actually have no idea what vanilla-friendly is, haha. Sorry I can't answer your question.

12. MajesticBBQ

MajesticBBQ Big Damn Hero

it means it works with multiplayer servers that don't contain mods. for future reference :3

13. BlueLeafeon

Crew Fixes and Some Inspection Quotes

14. BlueLeafeon

More stuff! And sounds!

15. BlueLeafeon

16. DrPvtSkittles

DrPvtSkittles Master Astronaut

[19:32:16.067] [Error] Object sktestshiphatch defined twice, second time from /objects/ship/catshipdoor/catshiphatch.object

There's a few sktest left in there.

I love the kitty progress btw.

17. BlueLeafeon

Ah... Thanks for that.

That's actually a dummy item since the cat draws from the hylotl things. Not that the game cares. It crashes to desktop if it detects double instances of an item. lol. I'll upload a fix in a bit.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2016
  18. BlueLeafeon

Hitbox and sktest fix

19. DrPvtSkittles

DrPvtSkittles Master Astronaut

I am pleased to tell you that that is no longer a problem! :D Download the latest version then run the .bat file. Choose a name for your mod and BAMN, ALL of the renaming is done for you.

20. BlueLeafeon

Added a temporary SAIL mod fix.