1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Platforming - How will it work?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Alvin Flummox, May 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alvin Flummox

Alvin Flummox Existential Complex

The developers have stated that they want platforming to be a big part of the game, and this sounds great to me. But got me thinking about how it was going to work.
    By this quote we can assume that all the solely platforming related areas will be handbuilt by the developers, so hopefully this means there'll be some awesome space stations and mines and the like to jump around in. However in a game where you can place blocks wherever you want, how will they prevent players just joining all the platforms up and completely removing any difficulty?

Therefore, do you think the developers will turn off block placement and removal for all platforming areas? What areas would you like to see built for platforming?

2. The Enderman

The Enderman Phantasmal Quasar

In my opinion, the best way to prevent block placement would be to have some sort of backround wall that prevents block placement, not available to be placed or removed until end-game.

3. newxo

newxo Void-Bound Voyager

that sounds like it could work

also my 1st post!

4. Alvin Flummox

Alvin Flummox Existential Complex

Ooh yeah that sounds like a good option. Or just have some kind of planet wide ban until the mission has been completed so that way they don't have to anti-block-placement versions of lots of background walls.

Off topic: Welcome to the forums! And go and watch this if you haven't watched it yet ;) So so good.

newxo likes this.
  5. I_Play_Terraria

I_Play_Terraria Space Spelunker

I'm sure the devs have thought it all out thoroughly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.