1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Planets Home Building

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by BasicallyNuclear, Jun 27, 2015.

1. BasicallyNuclear

BasicallyNuclear Big Damn Hero

What type of planet to you prefer to make a home on?

2. Crossfang

Crossfang Supernova

When the next update comes, I will dedicate my time gathering resources and building a colony on every type of planet in starbound. When it comes to my preference, I will build my main home to be in a forest planet.

3. Autzome

Autzome Black Hole Surfer

i used to love building on Dessert Planets but now i'm thinking that snow planets are a lot more pleasing to the eyes.

with this new update coming up though? i just want to explore a bit more and see what strikes my fancy.

4. zBound

zBound Starship Captain

Depends... If mods aren't included then barren planets, if mods r included then usually my ship... (I love MadTulips spacecraft mod)

5. TheFudgement

TheFudgement Ketchup Robot

[​IMG]

I love dessert planets :badpokerface:

6. Tamorr

Tamorr Supernova

hmm.. One with trees and Koalas... So it will be a long time before I find one of those...:D
    In the meantime, it will be just leaving behind structures that I build. Bookmarking afterwards.

zBound likes this.
  7. Varixai

Varixai Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

FYI, you can put that whole question right in the thread title. A dozen threads with 1 or 2 word titles doesn't help anybody.

"What Planet types do you like to build on?" is a whole lot more descriptive than "Planets" ...
    (Edit: Thread title used to be "Planets")

Also, Snow with a bioluminescent background and ground mists.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2015
    Jbeetle and TrueEdge like this.
  8. DJFlare84

DJFlare84 Spaceman Spiff

My favorite planet to build on is Future Planet.

... aka that planet that exists far in the future when Starbound updates will no longer wipe the universe and planets and the stuff I put on them.

Milhafre likes this.
  9. MysticMalevolence

MysticMalevolence Oxygen Tank

Personally, I would love to build on moons more often.
    Unfortunately, most of them have meteors now a days...
    So I guess I'm indifferent.

10. Autzome

Autzome Black Hole Surfer

I now see my mistakes but refuse to edit away my mistakes.

why is this not a mini-biome?

TheFudgement likes this.
  11. BasicallyNuclear

CANDYLAND :D

Autzome likes this.
  12. Kaiachi

Kaiachi Tiy's Beard

I like to make my home on arid or desert planets that have the wrecked ship in part of the background. They're sort of difficult to find (for me anyway), but I absolutely love it. I usually make my base Fallout-ish. :rofl:

13. Oberic

Oberic Spaceman Spiff

Forests with no bloody Agarans, or Crystal Swamps (thanks sayter!)

Kattanos likes this.
  14. DJFlare84

DJFlare84 Spaceman Spiff

Because it should be a WHOLE PLANET.

Autzome and Kattanos like this.
  15. Kattanos

Kattanos Pangalactic Porcupine

Good luck with that! Seriously, you're gonna need it! Agarans infest 95% of the forest planets..

I would like to build on planets with meteor showers IF I had a means to negate the damage meteors do to blocks in an area.. Yes, I am talking about the AMDS (Anti Meteor Defense System).. This way I can build bunker-like buildings on the surface that stretch downwards instead of upwards without worrying about the top section being nuked by rogue rocks.. Of course, I'll still be forced to clean up the debris afterwards.. The AMDS would be great for those wanting to build mining colonies without needing to repair your building every few minutes you are on the planet.. Until then, I guess I'll stick to other potentially hazardous weather types like both of the Heavy Flooding (poison and normal) or hail, or something that can do damage and requires shelter.. Damaging weather keeps the game interesting and building shelters relevant.. Of course, I'll always have a "peaceful" base for when I start new characters..

16. BasicallyNuclear

What is the "AMDS (Anti Meteor Defense System)?"

Kaiachi likes this.
  17. Pyanfar

Pyanfar Phantasmal Quasar

I personally prefer Lush planets; the view of rolling grassy hills in the background is absolutely lovely! And Forest planets as well. As for those 'bloody Agarans'... I just massacre them and demolish their buildings when I come across them on a planet I want to colonize =~_^= Always handy to have lots of wood planks in store, and those nice smooth wooden platforms are good too. Plus, you can extract a lot of useful stuff out of the mushroom blocks =~_^=

Kaiachi likes this.
  18. Kattanos

Not sure if serious or just joking...

I'll answer regardless..

It is what it sounds like.. A defense system against meteors.. At the Outpost there is an NPC who tends to the satellite dish who wants a diamond to fix it.. It prevents meteor strikes against the Outpost.. Personally, I don't care if the AMDS prevents meteor spawns or not as long as it prevents my structure from being demolished.. Currently, it is not an item for players to acquire and is mostly mentioned in quest text for that one specific quest early game.. I want it in item form that I can place in my builds to prevent damage to my base.. This will enable mining colonies on meteor infested planets.. Honestly, I don't care if it destroys meteors or makes my buildings immune to meteor damage.. I won't even mind cleaning up the debris afterwards if the latter path is taken..

19. BasicallyNuclear

I didn't read it xD Thanks

20. Kattanos

np.. I also realized I effectively repeated myself in that post.. >.>
    Highlighted it in red to make it more obvious..