1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

planets bottom level core are boring

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by General Nuclear, Oct 29, 2016.

1. General Nuclear

General Nuclear Supernova

really you guys really need to add something that have a change of spawning down there

like maybe a city powerded by the heat and gasses from the lave
    or some rare lave monster ailens
    or some really rare but super cool loot
    anyway there really need to be something ohter then just the core fragments because they lose its meaning very quick.
    something that really makes us wonna go there because most players end up there sooner or later when they get bored

Last edited: Dec 29, 2016
  2. Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator

I agree. There should be something more exciting going on near the core.I never go to the core on purpose; only sometimes whilst caving really deep. Once you get enough core fragments to do your upgrades and such there's no reason for them. Not for me at least.

General Nuclear likes this.
  3. Brother Lame

Brother Lame Pangalactic Porcupine

I also agree, I find it super weird that one of the very first things you're practically required to do to advance is to dig to the planets core (or I guess explore that mine shaft) to acquire the fragments which are only rarely used again later. I feel like even if there are unlimited planets to explore, that reaching the centre of a world means so very little and is such a lack lustre experience. I mean digging too far down and just 'plopping' into that lava lake is a similarly anti-climatic experience in itself. I mean even the inclusion of a rare "I journeyed to the centre of the world and all I got was this dumb t-shirt" vanity item would actually be an improvement over what is currently there.

Jerln, xaliber and General Nuclear like this.
  4. WallyBW93

WallyBW93 Subatomic Cosmonaut

I did find a rare legendary memorial statue in the core. It wasn't in a loot chest it was placed down there so there is some of the loot you can find down there. It may not be as exciting as you want it to be but there are I think a couple of different memorial statues that I assume can only be found near the core.

5. YellowDemonHurlr

YellowDemonHurlr Ketchup Robot

Underground mushroom biome, inhabited by giant iguanas with fins glued to their backs?

6. Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator

Interesting. I guess I'll have to visit the core more often and see if I can find some. Even so, I think there should be more things to do at the core. Or at least more functionality for core fragments.

7. missHPfan2

missHPfan2 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Yeah, you can sometimes find statues deep underground.

8. DraikNova

DraikNova Spaceman Spiff

Some variety between cores would be nice. One planet could have a normal magma layer, another could be a giant machine, stuff like that. Maybe some super-rare materials, beyond even the Perfectly Generic Objects (which are easy to stock up on using the Terramart's unlimited Fluffalo supply) in power, could spawn there.

Also, to be honest, I'm wondering if the 1.2 vaults might be found in a planet's core.

xaliber likes this.
  9. Littleman9Mew2

Littleman9Mew2 Zero Gravity Genie

Well we could fight a giant wall of fles- wait a second.....

On a serious note, I feel like different core types with varying liquids would be cool. like a "water" core or a "brains" core or something.

10. Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator

The only problem with that is once you've seen the different kinds it would be back to the current problem. That is, there's really no reason to visit cores. These rare statues are an interesting idea but I have yet to find any and I'm losing interest to even keep looking. Some more incentive to visit cores would be nice.

11. DraikNova

DraikNova Spaceman Spiff

If gravity was stronger near the core and you could only use certain devices close to the core because of that, they'd be worth having at least one base at, if only for the purpose of using said devices/crafting benches.

12. SivCorp

SivCorp Parsec Taste Tester

Frakin Universe Mod has variable cores. I flag them so I can get back to there unlimited liquid types for crafting :)

Still haven't found a coffee core yet... Sadly. :(

Davoraptor likes this.
  13. Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator

Oh, really? I didn't notice anything different about the cores I've been visiting. Of course, I haven't been visiting every core, every time so I'm sure I've just been missing them.

14. NeoslayerX

NeoslayerX Big Damn Hero

YES

15. Charlatan

Charlatan Parsec Taste Tester

Burn or Red Bull cores please.

16. NeoslayerX

NeoslayerX Big Damn Hero

Liquid butter or garlic sauce core

Davoraptor likes this.
  17. Charlatan

Charlatan Parsec Taste Tester

Vodka Core :O

Davoraptor likes this.
  18. Davoraptor

Davoraptor Tentacle Wrangler

SPACE CORE 8D

wait, wrong game

19. DraikNova

DraikNova Spaceman Spiff

If you filled a core with special versions of normal objects with only their descriptions changed, you could have a pun core.

20. Mike1Bagong

Mike1Bagong Astral Cartographer

Still waiting for a actual core made out of liquid durasteel for the mining to stop.

Starbrow and T0ASTY like this.