Planet Map / Minimap?

Discussion in 'Mechanics' started by Straume21, Dec 11, 2013.

1. sieebe

sieebe Space Hobo

BUMP, Yes please!

2. Mahna

Mahna Void-Bound Voyager

I don't want a map so much as I would like to know where the hell I died!

I have a bunch of bad habits left over from playing casual, like not emptying my inventory (I also wish we could just quick dump our inventory but that is another topic) before I go down to a planet or into a hole for ore or fragments. How it usually works is that I get enough of what I am looking for and then I die. Now I am not saying I want a super detailed map like the one you eventually build in Terraria where if you zoom in you can see the different biomes but I would like to passively map the tunnels I have walked through and get a maker that says you died in this general area. That way I can beam down the the planet and say "Hmm I died not to far away or wow I died really far down" that way I can decide if it is really worth it for me to go down there.

DaedricShadow and austinichols like this.
  3. fernworrier

fernworrier Giant Laser Beams

theres a mod that points you in the direction of where you died but ya a mini map or a map for the planet your on would be nice to see.

4. austinichols

austinichols Void-Bound Voyager

Can we please get a MAP! Waaaaaahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa :''(

5. DaedricShadow

DaedricShadow Pangalactic Porcupine

Please don't comment on old threads unless you have something to contribute. Bumping does nothing on these forums and just takes up unnecessary space.

6. MithranArkanere

MithranArkanere Space Kumquat

Suggestion threads have to be different. Because they can be ongoing issues.

In this particular case, a minimap for the vnilla game, without having to depend on mods, is still a good idea, and liked or even needed by many players.

Bumping the thread reminds people this is still an issue.

For me, the game will be unplayable until I get a minimap, because I don't have the time to remember or note down where everything is. But I still would like to play the game.

7. pitfiend

pitfiend Void-Bound Voyager

The mini map absence still is a thing in 2019... The mini map presents a problem, it could show areas not explored yet. But, and it is a huge BUT, we still need some kind of mapping tool for explored areas. Maybe our grandsons get one in the future.

8. MithranArkanere

MithranArkanere Space Kumquat

A fog of war can be saved in relatively small space by having it be a monochrome bitmap. It doesn't even have to be as precise as saving whether each tile is revealed, thanks to how light works in the game, so a fog of war reveal map could store just a point every several blocks as you move away from the last revealed block.

9. wolfarus

wolfarus Void-Bound Voyager

Just got this, and i was surprised @ the lack of a general-area mini-map. I really cant think of a justifiable excuse for a game w/ such a huge exploration element to -NOT- have one. Especially given that the game has been out since mid 2016..

Javier060624 and Armorine1983 like this.