1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Feedback Planet chat gone or to be re-added later?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by ShinigamiKaze, Jun 29, 2016.

1. LeafWolf

LeafWolf Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Now that 1.0 is out, when will work begin on re-adding planet chat? Many servers are suffering without it.

2. Symphony

Symphony Giant Laser Beams

It probably won't be done. Get used to having no planet chat or move to a new game.

3. Vermaas

Vermaas Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Quote? I haven't seen them explicitly stating that yes, they will re-add it.

Because you say so? No.

Pingeh likes this.
  4. Symphony

No, because the devs don't care about the people who already paid for the game and can't be bothered to spend a few hours to reimplement a core functionality they irresponsibly removed since it probably won't bring in new wallets to give them money. They think it's alright because they're surrounded by an echo box of yes-men community members that kiss the ground they walk on and ensure them they can do no wrong while they lash out with torches and pitchforks toward anyone who dares to criticise them.

Also there is no quote of them saying they'll be adding planet chat back. Tiy has said he'll 'consider it', which those of us who have followed CF for several years know means 'No'.

But hey, I'd love to be proven wrong. That'd make me hella happy. I just don't think I'm going to be.

Lindazana and Nemo1989 like this.
  5. GoldenstarArtist

GoldenstarArtist Cosmic Narwhal

Any news on any work arounds for this yet?

6. Hello!

Planet chat and party chat will be included in the upcoming content update. :)

7. Symphony

Ah shit, and I just tied the noose around my ceiling fan, too.

In all seriousness though, thank you so much <3 It's a relief to many of us to finally hear something about it, thank you guys for listening!

GoldenstarArtist likes this.
  8. MrGodZilla

MrGodZilla Void-Bound Voyager

Oh hey, neat.

9. Toastlord101

Toastlord101 Title Not Found

Thanks I guess. Not sure why it was removed in the first place given all the Roleplay servers that pretty much need it. >.>

10. zachlion

zachlion Scruffy Nerf-Herder

11. Son0fgrim

Son0fgrim Spaceman Spiff

Cool now I can drag my friends back from No Mans Sky

GoldenstarArtist likes this.