Modding Discussion Pixel Art Furniture from DeviantArt

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Med, Dec 9, 2013.

1. Med

Med Phantasmal Quasar

[​IMG]

Hello everyone! This bookcase art is by Neoriceisgood on DeviantArt.

Here's an example of pixel art I'd love to incorporate as furniture in a Starbound mod:

[​IMG]

Neorice has granted permission to use these assets in Starbound modding:
    So, how would you - the mod consumer - prefer to get this content?

I could distribute the furniture and props as a "modders resource", and add a recipe book into the game so that impatient users :giggle: could easily add the furniture to their crafting lists if they so chose.

As a modders resource, should the furniture have high crafting costs? Maybe it should be added to the 3d Printer instead of the crafting bench?

Ideally (in my opinion), someone will come along and discover a practical way to add "modders resource" furniture to the randomly generated structures of the world, as well as crafting recipe books to randomly generated chests! These two additions would make props, furniture, etc, such as this incredibly popular I think!

Last edited: Dec 10, 2013
  2. Veav

Veav Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I would definitely add it to a workstation of its own. Cosmetics are awesome! I love them! But! I don't want to wade through them while I'm trying to build mah tools and torches and so on. Please, keep them separated from the gameplay-oriented craftstuff. :)

3. Med

Med Phantasmal Quasar

Oh, that's smart! Yes, I can add them their own crafting table. :)

4. Xane

Xane Aquatic Astronaut

Oh, I know Neorice. I can nudge him about it.

5. Med

Med Phantasmal Quasar

Wow, small world. :) Thank you!

6. Med

Med Phantasmal Quasar

Quote from e-mail:
    Permission granted!

7. madtulip

madtulip Phantasmal Quasar

Yea! Nice! If you could bring that into a library format useable for starbound that would be awesome! There are so many more nice sprites on his site :) perfect ! :)

8. Med

Med Phantasmal Quasar

Thanks for linking that. :) I hadn't realized the potential to have more than one mod folder - I had just been using RockyTV's single mod folder. I guess that's how all the mod managers are handling mods! Good info :love:

9. Supergeek

Supergeek Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Neorice has a lot of nice sprites on there. Nice find!