Pets Megathread.

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by Seria-Myouna, Jun 30, 2012.

?

Do you love pets and think all these are useful ideas?

1. No, this is a horrible idea. I'll turn you into goop.

3.1%
  2. Yes, this is great, you are my best friend ever.

76.7%
  3. Not "ALL", quit being so presumptuous, you nincompoop.

20.2%
  1. Polar Bear

Polar Bear Phantasmal Quasar

What's this talk of space bears with guns? I approve, though 7 feet is hardly large enough. It's probably just a cub. I need an 11 foot bear at least.

Good suggestion though, I like the idea a lot.

Axe Garian likes this.
  2. Dwagon

Dwagon Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

Because our nest-mates are unnaturally picky about their bling. :rolleyes:
    We have to learn to be discerning in our pursuit of precious materials.

Personally, all I need to be happy is a good meal.

Brutaka316 likes this.
  3. Bughunter

Bughunter Spaceman Spiff

I do believe that this is an amazing a idea! I would be able to cross breed dragons ( No offense King Brutor, but being a black dragon I like experimenting with....unusual things) with snakes, making for a more agile and poisonous dragon. This also means we can have pengons.

Axe Garian and CaptainMcManface like this.
  4. Polar Bear

Polar Bear Phantasmal Quasar

Look at all of the Dragons! I'm just sitting here, being a Polar Bear...

Beargons?

Bughunter likes this.
  5. CaptainMcManface

CaptainMcManface Pangalactic Porcupine

Why is this thread a dragon magnet?

Axe Garian likes this.
  6. Bughunter

Bughunter Spaceman Spiff

Bearpengons

7. Bughunter

Bughunter Spaceman Spiff

We dragons do tend to be solitary except during mating season every few thousand years.... but occasionally we bump into eachother and talk. unless he's here ----> :fusrodah:

Axe Garian and CaptainMcManface like this.
  8. Dwagon

Well, I tried to organize trivia night for the 2nd Tuesday of each month, but nobody else wanted to make the flight out.

Brutaka316 likes this.
  9. Bughunter

Bughunter Spaceman Spiff

I tried but the bearpengons that i made just wouldn't shut up. they kept waking up the hatchlings again and again.

10. Dwagon

Oh dear. I do hope they grow out of that phase soon.
    Though having to tend to the whim of hatchling wailing every night makes the prospect of my participation in the next season just a bit less pleasant each time I think about it.

11. Bughunter

Bughunter Spaceman Spiff

Oh yes indeed, I may not participate myself... oh what am i talking about i need offspring to carryout the "family" name. They should stop wailing anyways in about 342.934 years, so its not that bad.

Brutaka316 and CaptainMcManface like this.
  12. Great. I hate you now, you just made me want this game even more (i didn't think it would be possible!).

But maybe you could get DNA from yourself like your epic hairstyle and chuck it on you pet's butt :rofl: .
    Also, maybe you could get lucky when stealing DNA and receive a giant piece of rhino DNA. Then you could clone it fully at the mutation thing.

Keep up the good work!
    -TheGuyWithoutAProfilePicOrAUsernameThatFitsHisSignature

13. Epicface

Epicface Heliosphere

Too much off topic with dragons :rofl:
    Still I like this thread though :p

Axe Garian likes this.
  14. Seria-Myouna

Seria-Myouna The Last Moderator IRC Operator

What the bloop. I get no alerts for this topic when it's dragonspam, and now I get one for Epicface's post...

Sometimes this forum makes me wonder.

15. Zone IV

Zone IV Industrial Terraformer

That's a Serias problem you have there.

Anywho, I approve of these pet Ideas. I'd like to see if you can also make your pets do all sorts of physical labor like mining, building etc and if you over work them you might cause a mini slave rebellion.

16. GunmanRex

GunmanRex Oxygen Tank

Did you get an alert for my on-topic post?

17. Axe Garian

Axe Garian Oxygen Tank

I approve of these Pet Ideas 110%!!! :up: *Imagines giving ALL of my Pets Axes... :viking: *

18. Epicface

Epicface Heliosphere

*Falls from the ceiling*
    You called?
    I think its because i was ON TOPIC and NOT CONTRIBUTING ANYTHING, or maybe its because my nickname is Epic.
    Probably the latter. Thats the only reason I chose this name. Woot.
    So yea dragons, I bet you didnt get an alert from this now :DD

19. Bughunter

Bughunter Spaceman Spiff

I got an alert.

Epicface likes this.
  20. Dwagon

Eh, I had my dragon-fun. Might as well contribute something of value.

So, if this were theoretically developed, what assets would need to be created? (I mostly mean graphics)

The Traits/Mutations you can find wouldn't need too much work, since regular monsters are procedurally generated already so could be their traits (with Dominant/Recessive traits being something akin to Common/Rare if you wanted to go there).
    But what about the stock creature for the pet? Is it a finite set of creatures specifically for pets, or can you capture any procedurally generated critter?

If you use procedurally generated critters as the stock pet, wouldn't you need a "mature" form of those as well?
    And for equipment, you would need different overlay sprites for all the different morphologies.