1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

pets are deeply underwhelming

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Streaky Haddock, Jul 26, 2016.

1. MrStrangerPL

MrStrangerPL Pangalactic Porcupine

Ludovic likes this.
  2. Yusuke Urameshi

Yusuke Urameshi Space Kumquat

As a side note my crew members are making no attempt at avoiding stalactites, saws, barbed wire, and the like. Both of my crew members fell into a pit of saw blades and stayed completely still. I would imagine pets are the same? I've rarely used them because of the aforementioned issues.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2016
  3. Ludovic

Ludovic Giant Laser Beams

That is indeed weird. Though I do recall healing is not instant but takes some time, like crafting(except you don't have to keep the window open and can do other stuff while your pet is being actively healed).

4. MrStrangerPL

MrStrangerPL Pangalactic Porcupine

Aaand the topic's ded. Btw, Is it just me, or pets are less pathetic since the last update? I mean, my fox thing doesn't run head first into danger but rather keeps its distance. I equipped him with a healing collar, so it regenerates health now. Maybe it's a sign of something good, or maybe I just want to believe...

5. Shooting Star

Shooting Star Existential Complex

I haven't played yet all the update said is that npcs scale better but nothing about the abilities being back. But it's a start at least

6. julamad

julamad Void-Bound Voyager

well, my mini dragon now just shots, instead of shoting 1 time and charging to it's death.

Zinerith likes this.
  7. Feera

Feera Subatomic Cosmonaut

Hmm, yah, so after catching 15 pets now, err aliens...they are all more squishy than jelly. Even those one's at night, that are bigger, nope...dead. Also, I've found that I can not heal/revive any of the bigger monsters after they die, only the smaller ones.

Still though, wth! I let a bird train and kill off 15 enemies, maybe. After moving it to an area where I know it'll get attacked first this time. He got slapped in the face and died. Like, really? Come on! lol

Hope pets are buffed a bit more, where they can at leaaast take a half (or even a quarter, for the smaller critters) amount of time it takes for you to die. Somewhere in that ballpark.