1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Pet tether

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Yavor, Oct 25, 2016.

1. Yavor

Yavor Big Damn Hero

Personally, I believe that there should be no diamond in the recipe for pet tethers. I can understand how a diamond would be necessary for the capture pod, but another diamond for the tether is a complete waste. The phase matter alone is enough. I hope that there will be people who would agree on that.

Regards!

Zetamax likes this.
  2. WallyBW93

WallyBW93 Subatomic Cosmonaut

I never used it and I have plenty of diamonds too anyway so I am indifferent about it.

If you are having a problem locating diamonds, you can find them on snow planets easy as one of those breakable mineral rocks. I also found some near a planets core as a mineral block but I am unsure if it is common. As I said I usually have plenty of diamonds so I don't really hunt for them.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2016
  3. Yavor

Yavor Big Damn Hero

Thank you! I hunt for diamonds in a regular basis, and I also have plenty. I'll try and concentrate on the snow planets. The thing is, I am just a collector. I don't use my diamonds for anything else than my alien pet collection, and I prefer the randomly generated ones, rather than the unique ones. I search the stars for the most interesting combinations, and I capture them. I guess it just felt wrong to me - the pet healing station semi-expensive, super important, yet still no diamond, and the pet tether, which is a mundane necessity for my "alien zoo" costs rare diamonds. I would have had twice as many alien pets if it didn't. Again, I totally agree with the diamond for a capture pod. (In a way, all of your pets are sort of "gems" in this game :) )
    Thank you for the quick response and for the advise!