RELEASED Pet Replacements

Discussion in 'Pets/Horses' started by WildSpirits, Mar 3, 2016.

1. Lollirot

Lollirot Space Hobo

That's my corgis name. I know, so original lol

cure likes this.
    • cure

cure Big Damn Hero

[​IMG]
      <3

• Beroin

Beroin Space Spelunker

So an update on me and my German Shep(h)ard-ing, I finally got a PNG to XNB working, so I can easily run and make edits to my sprite sheets. Once I have them ready, I might start my own mod thread for the works that I end up doing. If I can get WildSpirits comment, I would like to work with you so don't end up creating two types of the same breed, and can get more variety for players.

• nickelcurry

nickelcurry Subatomic Cosmonaut

Ahhh, can't wait for the corgi! :D

• KingJoey

KingJoey Phantasmal Quasar

I made a portrait for the Calico cat because I love the sprite and I wanted the portrait to match.
            The portrait is located in the cursors.xnb, which also altered my worms into Animal Crossing Digspots - http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/pet-replacements.107853/
            If anybody wants it - http://www.mediafire.com/download/l1dqcx2qzywsq8u/LooseSprites.rar
            Just extract it into your content folder.

Feel free to use it for whatever or add this to the original post. If you do add this, please link to the Digspot mod as well ^^

Edit: Here's a preview
            [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 10, 2016
            • googooquik

googooquik Void-Bound Voyager

Hey WildSpirits,

These are great. If you have the time, could you make a Schnauzer? I have one of these, and of all the dogs I've ever have, he's been the best. I love him so much, I would like to have him in the game:

[​IMG]

nickelcurry likes this.
              • krookodilehunter

krookodilehunter Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I tried installing this yesterday and I have neither the calico cat portrait or the animal crossing dig spots anymore.

KingJoey likes this.
                • Lechet

Lechet Big Damn Hero

Patch 1.05 overwrote Cursors.xnb to add the Zoom in and out buttons in the menu. It just needs updating. I've updated the digspots. Joey'll have to merged them again when they update their Calico Portrait.

KingJoey likes this.
                  • ided

ided Void-Bound Voyager

Really love your work and the replacement pets are awesome, as such I went and made a small video that shows how to backup and install them and showcases the current pets you have made

I hope you like it, hate to say how long it took to make, mainly because those pesky dogs just wont stay still :p lol

MoonlitBrenya likes this.
                    • ChipGai

ChipGai Intergalactic Tourist

wait for shiba inu :up:

• FinalKai

FinalKai Poptop Tamer

Any chance you can make a wolf skin for the dog? Or more specifically a Tamaskan skin?

They're gorgeous dogs:
                        [​IMG]

Himbeerninja likes this.
                        • KingJoey

KingJoey Phantasmal Quasar

Make sure the cursors.xnb is located in Stardew Valley/Content/LooseSprites
                          Or just unpack the LooseSprites map in the .rar into to the Content map in your Stardew Valley folder.
                          Works perfect here.

Edit: Just noticed a patch added zoom buttons, I'll upload a new file today

Edit 2: Here is the new portrait for 1.05! Don't forget to give Lechet some love for his Animal Crossing Digspot mod!

Just place the cursors.xnb in your Stardew Valley/Content/LooseSprites map and overwrite.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2016
                          • endermaryn

endermaryn Scruffy Nerf-Herder

You might be able to knock the black cat off your To-Do list if you want. Ex0dus13 made a version that is all black and one that has white socks. However, the tiny portrait in the menu still shows the default cat. If you are up to it, altering that tiny cat face icon to match your kitty/dog re-colors would be really awesome of you.

• endermaryn

endermaryn Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'm with you. Unicorns are awesome!

A beautiful unicorn was made by Zhuria. Check it out here :laugh: She has also done a lot of different horse recolors.

Zhuria likes this.
                              • Kompi

Kompi Void-Bound Voyager

So I fully expect this might just end up a quick drive by and disappear post on my end, but

Also being on the Corgi bandwagon but occasionally bereft of patience, instead of waiting I went ahead and did a thing. Now for the record, my pixel editing skills are extremely rusty and were arguably never all that great to begin with (nor am I necessarily all that familiar with dog anatomy), so I can't guarantee it's a very good thing, but nonetheless:

[​IMG]

(and packed into dog.xnb via this link)
                                (also a cursors.xnb but it may be a bit wonky due to window light halos apparently unpacking weird but still here in case you want to try it?)

Also, since I tend to be bad at sticking around communities, please feel free to edit, modify, update, improve, fix, build upon, re-upload or whatever else you might wish to do with this thing - I don't particularly mind.

• Zhuria

Zhuria Cosmic Narwhal

oh my freaking god that is adorable

• Himbeerninja

Himbeerninja Void-Bound Voyager

That one looks quite a bit like "Dogmeat" from Fallout 3. Would be interesting to see what a SV version would look like.

• Flutt

Flutt Intergalactic Tourist

Bit of an odd request, but would it be possible to make a siberian husky as a horse replacement, not a dog replacement?

• vrett

vrett Intergalactic Tourist

Hadn't thought anything like this before, but I'm seconding it now! Chose a cat in-game and feel like I'm missing out on all the cute dog stuff so it'd be great to have a dog as my horse replacement.

• Neonova

Neonova Big Damn Hero

Ooooh, please add Turkish Angora Cats (Odd-eyed, with different eye colors of course)
                                          [​IMG]
                                          [​IMG]
                                          [​IMG]
                                          [​IMG]

Also, Dachshund dog please!!! :)
                                          [​IMG]
                                          [​IMG]
                                          [​IMG]
                                          [​IMG]

At last but not least, white horses are freaking nice as well. *o*
                                          [​IMG]
                                          [​IMG]

Thank you for making this mod, you're awesome. :3