1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Pet Quests - Still available?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by whereaminow51, Jun 29, 2017.

1. whereaminow51

whereaminow51 Void-Bound Voyager

I know before sometimes I got a quest to capture a monster for a quest, then got a Gifted Pet as a reward. Are these quest still in the game? I have not seen one yet. Or are these only available from a City/Town that you build using Colony deeds.

2. esotericist

esotericist Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I've seen it a couple times since 1.3, both from a colonist in a town I made with deeds.

3. IxFa

IxFa Pangalactic Porcupine

Same here, got quests for pets twice and both times from colonists I had deeds for. Not sure if it can happen with natural-spawned NPCs

4. NuclearSlayer52

NuclearSlayer52 Phantasmal Quasar

i did alot of quests (as in accepted as many as i could) and never got this and ive never done quests for unnaturally generated villages

though i could be really unlucky or the rates are ALOT smaller... i only got a quest 1 time to make a colony so... and i think its cause i bought the deed so it might also be a requirements thing or related...

if anyone knows how to read the code without it being a mess of "NULL" everywhere id be willing to look through the code to see if anything says that they are or arent able to happen....

though to be fair almost all quests i did it was 1.2 still so mightve changed....

5. whereaminow51

whereaminow51 Void-Bound Voyager

Definitely can confirm now, after building a colony. You do get pet quests from tenants, not village npcs.