RELEASED Pet/Animal Loved Labels (Updated for 1.1)

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Advize, Apr 8, 2016.

1. Ravn

Ravn Void-Bound Voyager

Where is the config file? I only got

hearts.xnb
    LovedLabels.dll
    manifest.json

• Jinxiewinxie

Jinxiewinxie Farmer Fashionista

It gets created when you first load up the game with the mod installed.

Ravn likes this.
      • Ravn

Ravn Void-Bound Voyager

• junimotherese

junimotherese Void-Bound Voyager

What I do is that I usually use the x button to pet my animals, but when it comes to my dog, the red heart comes up, although hovering it with the cursor doesn't show I've pet it.

• Advize

Advize Cosmic Narwhal

When we released this, we had to come up with a hacky way of determining whether you had pet your dog/cat that day. This was because the Pet class hid the variable that we needed to check:
          Code:
          private bool wasPetToday;
          Thankfully, Jinxie and I have progressed in our c# abilities and can now access private fields. We'll be releasing a fix soon that is sure to fix every problem that some of you are experiencing with your pets.

Acerbicon likes this.
          • alan88

alan88 Void-Bound Voyager

Most useful mod so far..I love it.Damn chickens i couldnt keep up with them running all over..TY and godbless whoever made this mod :confirm::confirm::confirm:

elibeli2011, Advize and Jinxiewinxie like this.
            • Delta9

Delta9 Subatomic Cosmonaut

You can pet your pet with either mouse button, but I think the indicator only responds to right clicks.

• Advize

Advize Cosmic Narwhal

With the 1.1 update, the labels will display correctly as long as your pet has been petted that day, regardless of method. Even if you use a cheat to remotely pet your animals from half way across the game world, when you hover over your pet the mod will know if it's been petted.

Jinxiewinxie and Delta9 like this.
                • Stone7C1

Stone7C1 Subatomic Cosmonaut

simple, but a great addition. love it.

• Advize

Advize Cosmic Narwhal

Mod is updated but not released as the current public release of SMAPI breaks it. Waiting on a pull request I submitted for SMAPI with the necessary fixes.

• Ladysarajane

Ladysarajane Existential Complex

He updated SMAPI and thanked you for bringing the problem to his attention. So the problem has been fixed. Thank you for your work!! :)

Jinxiewinxie likes this.
                      • Advize

Advize Cosmic Narwhal

Jinxie got it uploaded, update SMAPI then download the latest mod update and you should be good to go :)

Ladysarajane and Jinxiewinxie like this.
                        • Ladysarajane

Updated and works wonderfully! Thanks to both of you for a good job.

Jinxiewinxie likes this.
                          • Valamyr82

Valamyr82 Void-Bound Voyager

Dont try to run this along with GiftTasteHelper. That mod 'works' right now but has not been updated. If you run both, youll CTD on save load. Either works OK on its own.

• Ladysarajane

I am running both and I am not having a problem at all. Both working without difficulty.

Jinxiewinxie likes this.
                              • elibeli2011

elibeli2011 Void-Bound Voyager

Thank You!!! ♥♥♥

• nerdinreallife

nerdinreallife Poptop Tamer

Bugger! I just can't get this to work, even running the newest version of SMAPI. It says it can't find the heart texture. I believe this file path that I think is causing the issue:

"/Applications/Stardew Valley.app/Contents/MacOS/Mods/LovedLabels\/hearts.xnb"

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. <3

Sincerely,
                                  Jessie

Code:

[02:30:51 ERROR LovedLabels] Failed to load heart texture: Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentLoadException: The directory was not found. ---> System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path "/Applications/Stardew Valley.app/Contents/MacOS/Mods/LovedLabels\/hearts.xnb".
                                    at System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean anonymous, FileOptions options) <0x10d384000 + 0x0022f> in <filename unknown>:0
                                    at System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share) <0x10d3de5e0 + 0x00053> in <filename unknown>:0
                                    at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.IO.FileStream:.ctor (string,System.IO.FileMode,System.IO.FileAccess,System.IO.FileShare)
                                    at System.IO.File.OpenRead (System.String path) <0x10d3de4b0 + 0x0004a> in <filename unknown>:0
                                    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentManager.OpenStream (System.String assetName) <0x116cf2d50 + 0x00090> in <filename unknown>:0
                                    --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
                                    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentManager.OpenStream (System.String assetName) <0x116cf2d50 + 0x001bf> in <filename unknown>:0
                                    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentManager.ReadAsset[T] (System.String assetName, System.Action`1 recordDisposableObject) <0x116cf27c0 + 0x001c5> in <filename unknown>:0
                                    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentManager.Load[T] (System.String assetName) <0x116cf2380 + 0x00156> in <filename unknown>:0
                                    at LovedLabels.LovedLabels.Event_PlayerLoadedGame (System.Object sender, StardewModdingAPI.Events.EventArgsLoadedGameChanged e) <0x171a1d9a0 + 0x000ad> in <filename unknown>:0