1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Performance Issues on PS4

Discussion in 'Support' started by touchfuzzy, Dec 29, 2016.

1. touchfuzzy

touchfuzzy Seal Broken

I know this might get lost in light of there being major bugs on the console versions, but I've noticed the performance on PS4 is generally bad when on the farm. The framerate is has become very poor and I only am using maybe 25% of my farmland. On a windy fall day (with all the leaves blowing front) it absolutely craters and is nearly unplayable. I don't think a game with such simplistic graphics should have trouble running at a consistent framerate on PS4 -- I love the game but I'm nervous to expand my farm as the more things I add the worse the framerate seems to get! Hopefully this can be addressed.

• nieds

nieds Space Hobo

I've run into the same thing on PS4, its very distracting and also have a very small farm so far. I first started to notice it in the summer.

• Leonarfd

Leonarfd Space Hobo

Hey, the performance issue makes the game not enjoyable. Just to gather some info what type of ps4 are you using? I got the normal first edition. Is the problem there at pro model?

• touchfuzzy

touchfuzzy Seal Broken

I have a launch day PS4, but I imagine there are the same issues on a Pro as I'd be very surprised if this was optimized at all for the Pro. My brain is starting to get used to it -- the game is still playable and I love it enough to just put up with it but I dread seeing a windy day in the forecast. As noted above, I started noticing it in the summer as well.

• ursinho

ursinho Space Hobo

Easy, Buy Steam Pc Version

• Chazprime

Chazprime Void-Bound Voyager

No frame rate issues on the Pro PS4; I'm in my 3rd year and haven't noticed any frame drops ingame anywhere. Sometimes when browsing the inventory and particularly the bundles I see a drop, but it doesn't affect playability.

• Hamartio

Hamartio Void-Bound Voyager

First gen PS4 with the same framerate drops here. On my end, it seems to be related to how much grass is growing around my farm in general and how much is just off screen near where I am, not just how much is on screen. Chopping it all down seemed to help when my farm was small, and I didn't need it for animal feed, but I'm in summer of year 2 now with about half of the land used in some way. It also currently seems to slow when I'm running around my crops, granted there're some small to medium grass patches scattered near by. It's still playable, but if I'm not on my horse, it's damn near a crawl getting out of my fields. And what's weirder, it seems to be an issue just with my second save file.

No issues with browsing the bundles though, other than the color of the bundle rewards stopped corresponding to the color of the bundle I just completed. They're all pink now.