1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Perennial Crops FU Compatibility Patch Edition 1.1 for Starbound 1.0+

Making all the FU crops perennial as well since mid-2016!

1. Toyi85

Toyi85 Phantasmal Quasar

Toyi85 submitted a new mod:

Perennial Crops FU Compatibility Patch Edition - Making all the FU crops perennial as well since mid-2016!

Read more about this mod...

2. bluestorm2112

bluestorm2112 Tentacle Wrangler

Will you be adding Steam Workshop support?

3. Toyi85

Toyi85 Phantasmal Quasar

The description of the mod is just 160 words and you didn't even bother to read them...

4. bluestorm2112

bluestorm2112 Tentacle Wrangler

I've looked at every page of mods on Steam Workshop and check the new releases everyday but somehow missed yours. Your mod wasn't in on the most recent feed on the Steam Workshop so I assumed it wasn't released there yet.

I read the description in the update tab and the 'What does it do?' section. I know how to install mods so I ignored that. There's no need to be rude about it. May I suggest making the words 'Steam Workshop' the hyperlink as opposed to 'here' so it's more obvious.

EDIT: Also it doesn't make sense for it to be listed under the 'Installation' section. Those aren't installation instructions it's a link to an alternative version. It would make more sense for it to be located elsewhere or given it's own section entirely.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2016
  5. Toyi85

Toyi85 Phantasmal Quasar

Edited main post for clarity, there are a few more words now, hopefully it doesn't make it excessively more tiring to read than it was before.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2016
  6. DMForrester

DMForrester Big Damn Hero

A few minor notes:
    Frackin' Universe has a big need for seeds, because of its research and hybrid process. That said, this mod works Beautifully! ...for the Frackin' Universe plants. For the base unmodded plants, though, there is a distinct lack of seeds whenever you harvest them - especially important is Wheat seeds, because those are used in Booze, so you need a lot of them. To make beer right now, you basically have to go rape every forest/lush world you can find for all of its wheatseed. Farming doesn't provide any seeds for it (unless you rip up your plants).

Also, don't know if this is intended behavior or not, but I haven't gotten any seeds for base/normal mushrooms. I didn't think anything of it, but then I saw somewhere that mushrooms were supposed to provide seeds, so...

7. Toyi85

Toyi85 Phantasmal Quasar

Hi. This addon simply patches the FU crops to make them perennial and it doesn't modify any of the starbound's original files. The vanilla plants are covered by Perennial Crops, and since it is balanced to vanilla Starbound, I didn't change the treasure files to add any extra seeds.

To help with seed production I would recommend you to install Craftable Seeds by NeoVanAlemania, that allows to convert produce to seeds at your discretion; or use the FU hydroponics tray, an electrical machine that uses water (and optionally fertilizer) to generate more produce and seeds you will ever need.

The mushroom seeds are unobtainable in vanilla. I added perennial compatibility in the main mod as a request from people using the Craftable Seeds mod (that makes them available) along side with mine.

8. Toyi85

Toyi85 Phantasmal Quasar