1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

People are running out of ideas

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by iblob, Mar 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iblob

iblob Big Damn Hero

Quick browse of the suggestion yeilds suggestion that are decent but dont add anything much to the game! And i cant help feeling that this is due to all the good suggestions already being made!
    But people if you cant think of why this would be a useful additition (And people havnt thought of before) Dont bother!
    Instead try to think of a problem you think the devs may have overlooked like a better combat system thats fun and hard to master or just wait until you have more to go on!

2. Matsu

Matsu Subatomic Cosmonaut

Well since we have seen very little of the game ideas on what to add are scarce. I'm relatively certain that once we see more game play and when the game itself releases we will see a flood of ideas.

xXSunSlayerXx likes this.
  3. GalacticRooster

GalacticRooster Big Damn Hero

People will get inspired by gameplay videos and get sudden flashes of inspiration...
    In other words, GAMEPLAY VIDS NOWWWWWW

4. Aviakio

Aviakio Weight of the Sky

Or gameplay vids when they are ready, that works too.
    You won't get the best if you don't wait.

5. GalacticRooster

GalacticRooster Big Damn Hero

You have a point, if they just make one every day, people would get bored anyway.

6. Pentarctagon

Pentarctagon Over 9000!!!

Honestly I'm amazed at how many good ideas people have made despite not knowing very much about the game.

7. Thiel

Thiel Zeromus

there are hundreds of suggestions now picture when the games is released,
    So times 10000000000000000000000000000000000000 more.:D

8. DeVoid

DeVoid Void-Bound Voyager

I've seen some really good ideas in my look at the section, but some are... interesting... I see where you're coming from though.

After a few good videos, we'll probably have floods of ideas and new members as well. Just give it time, good ideas will come in due time.

9. JohnDevince

JohnDevince Scruffy Nerf-Herder

The lack of posts simply means Tiy's mind is racing, many of the ideas won't be implemented but still it doesn't mean that people aren't thinking ;)
    ~ John

10. Hostail

Hostail Pangalactic Porcupine

I believe everyone just rushed in with their ideas and such, when there will be game footage they will go like "Hey, I don't see any x or x in this video, I should suggest them to put that in!" And it begins again. Not that I mind it though, its really fun to browse around the suggestions and give my ideas and such ^^

11. TheRev

TheRev Industrial Terraformer

Yea, I think some people just take ideas from other things they see, and try to apply it to everything. Nothing wrong with trying to apply other things, just saying once those ideas dry up then we get a lot more "Original(ish)" ideas... Till then.. Simpsons did it! :p

12. Ghostar

Ghostar Steakeater

A shame I couldn't enter my idea of "The Toilet Mimic" now THATS an idea! ;D But honestly true "originality" is difficult to come by now day.

13. Hostail

Haha yeah x)
    Also new people will keep coming in and post their suggestions and such. After game release the forum will be spammed here (poor moderators)

14. TheRev

TheRev Industrial Terraformer

LOL.. its only dangerous if you sit on it Cowgirl Style.. lol (Just saw the episode, if you don't know what I mean here don't google it.. somethings can never be unseen :p)

Not to mention the people who just come in and make the same suggestions over and over again.. :cry: Trying to find a "Good"/"Not bad" idea can be harder to find then the proverbial Needle in the Haystack :p

15. Hostail

Mhm, I have seen a few "bad" ideas where they just simply say "Let us do x" or "let us have x" and such. I try though to make them evolve their idea a bit by asking them questions (They don't answer though).
    But yeah lots of stuff will be repeated, thats why it would be nice to have an updated suggestions list (the one blue posted up). And of course it will be a hell to update that all the time as well.

16. Attribule

Attribule Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I've seen ''Toilet Mimics'' in other games before.

Toilets that are actually monsters.

17. Ghostar

Ghostar Steakeater

Proves my point.^ Originality is almost impossible.

18. GermanJesus

GermanJesus Big Damn Hero

How about a Spaceship? Or maybe a gun? Neither of those have been suggested, have they?

19. Attribule

Attribule Scruffy Nerf-Herder

But, my idea is a unique snowflake!!!!!1two :(

--

But yes, it's pretty hard to keep ideas going when we don't have much to go off of at the moment. Once we see how things work in-game, what is already available, etc, then we can continue to give feedback/suggestions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.