1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Peculiar Planets [DISCONTINUED] v1.0.2 (Glad Giraffe)

Adds high level planets for all biome types.

1. Broconut

Broconut Cosmic Narwhal

Broconut submitted a new mod:

Mysterious Stars - Adds a new star type, Mysterious, which contains all biomes with threat level Insane.

Read more about this mod...

VaeliusNoctu likes this.
  2. Broconut

Broconut Cosmic Narwhal

3. redyhun

redyhun Space Spelunker

Hmm Can u help me i put the file in my mods but its not working in the game i tryed to create a new char but not helped.

4. Broconut

Broconut Cosmic Narwhal

That's odd, but I'm going to need more info. Does anything show up in your starbound.log file about the mod?

You said you tried making a new character, so I can only assume that the game didn't crash for you, but rather, the mod simply didn't do anything.

Are you 100% positive that you put the .modpak file in the right directory?
    • Windows: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Starbound\mods
    • Mac: ~/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/Starbound/mods

Do you have any other mods installed? If so, did you try running the game with only this mod?

Did you try backing up your player and universe folders and creating a new character with a blank player and universe folder?

Also, just remember, mysterious stars will not appear in areas you've already explored in the universe. When you're at your ship navigator, you'll have to scroll around for a bit until you reach uncharted territory. Hopefully, this is the issue you're having. Also, if you don't care much for your current universe, you could always just wipe the universe folder completely and start with a clean slate, which will allow mysterious stars to generate near the gentle star that you begin the game at.

5. Broconut

Broconut Cosmic Narwhal

6. Starcat5

Starcat5 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Not installing thus yet, as it will no doubt break coordinate videos. That said, I ~WILL~ use it at a later date. And as such, I have a question: Are biomes completely random (Lava biome next to a Rainbow biome, etc), or is it simply a random sprinkling of planets around said star, but each planet retains it's specific biome list?

7. Broconut

Broconut Cosmic Narwhal

Minibiomes and underground biomes still belong to their respective planet type. So yes, the planets are just sprinkled around the star, as you said.

8. dansyron

dansyron Void-Bound Voyager

having the same issue here on mac. its in the right directory. only other mod installed is glowing ores. Entered a random string of coordinates too for the location.

9. CuracaoBill

CuracaoBill Void-Bound Voyager

Question if I Host a server While using this mod Will others be forced to download it aswell? I know that for the most part World Gen Mods are quite Multiplayer friendly but I just want to be certain.

10. Broconut

Broconut Cosmic Narwhal

I've got a friend who uses a mac, so I had him test the mod for me and it worked for him without any problems, so I'm not sure what's going on. :confused:
    I had him test it before and after clearing out his universe folder and on a new and old character and he never ran into any problems on either.

If the game doesn't crash at all and there's nothing in the starbound.log file, all I can really say is that you search around more and further out at your ship's navigator.

Yes. I'm pretty sure if the server has the mod installed and the player didn't, their game would crash upon sitting in the captain's chair; however, I haven't personally tested it myself. I might try that with a friend and report back later.

11. Platoonsgt1

Platoonsgt1 Big Damn Hero

On top of that, what happens if I install this mod for single player, and attempt to use it on an unmodded server? Nothing, but the mysterious stars won't generate? Server crash if I explore?

12. Penetros

Penetros Big Damn Hero

I tried without having it on my client install while installing it on my server. I did not crash upon sitting in the captain's chair, however as soon as you hover over a Mysterious Star in the navigation panel it will crash.

Removing it from the server won't fix the issue, the only option is to have everyone install the mod, or purge the universe apparently, so if you do decide to try it, make a backup!

13. VaeliusNoctu

VaeliusNoctu Pangalactic Porcupine

Thank you for this nice mod i was bored visit the 3 same planets all the time. BIG WORK!!!!!

14. HuggableCreep

HuggableCreep Big Damn Hero

15. Broconut

Broconut Cosmic Narwhal

I took a look at that crash report and noticed this.
    Code:
    "Interactable" object type is deprecated, and has been replaced by loungeable for beds and chairs, and by the base object class for all other uses.
    Attempting to determine which one is appropriate.  Please update your config file, this fallback will be removed without further warning in a subsequent update.
    I also noticed that you have multiple mods installed.
    Code:
    [19:48:20.481] Info: Loading Star::Assets from: '../giraffe_storage/mods/MysteriousStars(v1.2).modpak'
    [19:48:20.481] Info: Loading Star::Assets from: '../giraffe_storage/mods/Grassificator/.'
    [19:48:20.481] Info: Loading Star::Assets from: '../giraffe_storage/mods/Insturmental/.'
    [19:48:20.481] Info: Loading Star::Assets from: '../giraffe_storage/mods/Pixel_Goods.modpak'
    [19:48:20.481] Info: Loading Star::Assets from: '../giraffe_storage/mods/SongbookEX(v1.0.6).modpak'
    [19:48:20.481] Info: Loading Star::Assets from: '../giraffe_storage/mods/ISE-3/.'
    [19:48:20.481] Info: Loading Star::Assets from: '../giraffe_storage/mods/ACCM.modpak'
    [19:48:20.481] Info: Loading Star::Assets from: '../giraffe_storage/mods/ISE-3 Augmented/.'
    Since the error is saying something about object types, I assumed that there must've been a problem coming from Pixel Goods Store since that mod adds a lot of furniture (objects).

I downloaded all the mods you had installed and they all worked just fine together, that is, until i tossed PGS in there, which caused my game to crash. I took every mod I had out of my mods folder except PGS so I could test it individually and the game still crashed. I would recommend contacting the author of PGS.

16. Mortech

Mortech Big Damn Hero

I'm really enjoying this mod but I've been planet hoping through mysterious stars for days now and have yet to find a single pirate ship or apex facility, can you confirm that all npc dungeons and villages spawn in mysterious stars?

17. Broconut

Broconut Cosmic Narwhal

Avian air ships (as well as every other structure) are listed under the possible structures that can generate in biomes on mysterious stars so it's just bad luck. RNG strikes again.

EDIT: As of v1.3, only friendly structures can generate on garden planets on mysterious stars, so the chances of finding an avian air ship there is much greater than any other planet type.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2015
  18. Broconut

Broconut Cosmic Narwhal

Broconut updated Mysterious Stars with a new update entry:

Mysterious Stars 1.3 Update

Read the rest of this update entry...

19. Rukrio

Rukrio Pangalactic Porcupine

getting crashes pertaining to ai/ai something or other. i'm also running a modded race that may or may not be ahead in spots.

EDIT: well this is very odd: i looked at the logs and this came up, pretaining to another mod i have.

i'll go on over to the discussion on his mod as well to bring it up to him, but it's worth noting that when it's put alongside the previous version of this mod that it works fine.

Code:
    [22:06:28.050] Error: Exception caught loading asset: /ai/ai.config, (AssetException) Could not read variant asset /ai/ai.config
      StarException::StarException(string, exception)
      AssetException::AssetException(string, exception)
      _Function_handler<shared_ptr<Assets::AssetData> (), Assets::loadVariant(String)::{lambda()#1}>::(_Any_data)
      Assets::processAssetData(function<shared_ptr<Assets::AssetData> ()>)
      Assets::loadVariant(String)
      Assets::loadAsset(Assets::AssetId)
      Assets::doLoad(Assets::AssetId)
      Assets::getAsset(Assets::AssetId)
      Assets::variant(String)
      AiDatabase::AiDatabase()
      Root::aiDatabase()
      _Function_handler<void (), SwallowReturn<_Bind<_Mem_fn<shared_ptr<AiDatabase> (Root::*)()> (Root*)> > >::(_Any_data)
      _Function_handler<void (), WorkerPool::addWork(function<void ()>)::{lambda()#1}>::(_Any_data)
      WorkerPool::WorkerThread::run()
      ThreadImpl::runThread(void*)
      BaseThreadInitThunk
      RtlCreateUserProcess
      RtlCreateProcessParameters

Caused by: (JsonParsingException) Cannot parse json file: /ai/ai.config
      StarException::StarException(string, exception)
      Assets::readVariant(String)
      _Function_handler<shared_ptr<Assets::AssetData> (), Assets::loadVariant(String)::{lambda()#1}>::(_Any_data)
      _Function_handler<void (), SwallowReturn<_Bind<_Mem_fn<shared_ptr<AiDatabase> (Root::*)()> (Root*)> > >::(_Any_data)
      _Function_handler<void (), WorkerPool::addWork(function<void ()>)::{lambda()#1}>::(_Any_data)
      BaseThreadInitThunk
      RtlCreateUserProcess

Caused by: (VariantPatchException) Could not apply patch to base. Could not apply operation to base. Attempted to remove value at 0, which is past the end of the list
      VariantPatchException::VariantPatchException(string)
      variantPatch(Variant, Variant)
      Assets::readVariant(String)
      BaseThreadInitThunk
      RtlCreateUserProcess

[22:06:36.602] Info: Done loading DungeonDefinitions
    [22:06:41.951] Error: Could not load /monsters/spawners/perfectlygenericpet/campworks_pgpetspawner.png:default asset, using placeholder default.
    (AssetException) No such frame default in frames spec /monsters/spawners/perfectlygenericpet/campworks_pgpetspawner.frames

[22:07:03.182] Info: Done loading ItemDatabase
    [22:07:03.273] Error: Exception raised during Root finishLoad: (AssetException) Error loading asset /ai/ai.config
      AssetException::AssetException(string)
      BaseThreadInitThunk
      RtlCreateUserProcess

[22:07:03.286] Info: Renderer destroyed
    [22:07:03.388] Info: Shutting down Star::Root
    [22:07:05.471] Error: Fatal Exception Caught: (StarException) An error occurred during loading: (AssetException) Error loading asset /ai/ai.config
      ClientApplication::postSplashInitialization()
      ClientApplication::update()
      StarApplicationBase::run()
      _SDL_main
      _console_main

Last edited: Feb 20, 2015
  20. Radenius

Radenius Void-Bound Voyager

How can I get the omni suit if I am at the end of the progression already? Do I have to start a new character?

TreePuncher1235 likes this.