Dev Blog PATCH 3.08 (STEAM ONLY)

Discussion in 'W:R General Discussion' started by Leth, May 3, 2014.

1. Leth

Leth Risk of Rain & Wanderlust

We implemented a new matchmaking system which allows players to now host without port-forwarding. The downside? No private games (at least not until we figure out a way to do them), until then, it should be much much easier to play online with other players.

PATCH 3.08
    • All new matchmaking system
    • Steam Networking API integration (no more port-forwarding req.)

Enjoy!
    -Yeti Trunk

• Oriax

Oriax Void-Bound Voyager

Did this patch break the ability to play multiplayer with steam and non-steam versions of Wanderlust? As I can only update my version of the game to 3.07, yet the steam versions currently at 3.10.
      I'm asking because I just bought the game as a gift for a friend, yet we cant connect up to one another like I could in the past with people.
      I've successfully port forwarded and all that on my side, but still no luck with the game.

• d2king10

d2king10 Guest

No you cannot play with non-Steam users on Steam anymore. However, we are planning on allowing people who currently own the game to get a Steam copy (to transition everyone over to Steam).

Please drop us an email at contact@yetitrunk.com and include your friends reflect username.

Where on the site does it say you can play with non-Steam users (I thought we removed all of that wording)?

• Oriax

Oriax Void-Bound Voyager

http://www.wanderlustgame.com/wr/faq.php
          Its still up on the old Wanderlust Rebirth FAQ's.
          I'll send the email when I get home, but it's my account that is the non-steam version I purchased a new steam one for my friend. Do they still have a reflect account?
          Cheers for being in touch.

• Bamboozler

Bamboozler Space Penguin Leader

Petition for someone to work on Patch 3.5 and have it be a final/refurbished update for the sake of closure.

Adding things like:
            • LAN Multiplayer
            • Extreme Difficulty
            • Updated UI
            • Bug fixes for any unsolved issues
            would make for an amazing way to close the book on amazing game. Aside from closure it might also milk the final drops from Steam which could assist with future updates for Wanderlust Adventures.