Papa Pixel's

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by pixel., Jul 14, 2017.

1. pixel.

pixel. Space Hobo

[​IMG]

Hello and welcome, you’re at Papa Pixel’s and my name is Pixel. Pixel with a period; but not that type of period, you filthy rascals. I will be delving into the science fiction cuisine Starbound has to offer, taking my own personal take on it and providing the audience, you, with my special recipes. This means that I will use food already in the game, and in the future potentially create my own dishes using the ingredients the universe has to offer.

Each recipe will take you through every important part there is to creating a dish. The ingredients, the difficulty, the time it takes, the amount it serves, the method. Detailed explanations and made-up technobabble will provide the bases for the reader to create their own alien food. This will all be presented on Starbound-esque imagery created by myself using spritework and splicing. Recipes will differ from one another from time to time. We have currently 2 categories of recipes. The normal, standard type and what I like to call, ‘Quick Simple Recipes’. These dishes are a lot shorter, only take up a single page, and get through the fluff to deliver a simple recipe for a simple meal.

RECIPE 1: Fruit & Spice Pearlpea Risotto.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is the first recipe, and an example of what’s to come. Recipes can help you with starters, main courses, desserts, and even beverages.

Next Recipes:

Some done already, but will be posted after more are produced.

QUICK SIMPLE RECIPE 1: Reefpod Milkshake.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is what a quick simple recipe is. Well presented and all in one page, and describes dishes one would consider unsuitable for a whole entry and effort in both writing and editing the recipe.

Next Quick Simple Recipes:

Some done already, but will be posted after more are produced.

Enjoy!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Schedule:

I will upload a Quick Simple Recipe every Monday, and a normal recipe every Friday. This helps me steady my pace and produce the recipes at a certain standard. If the schedule is not properly abided by, that probably means I have other priorities or IRL matters to sort out. Don’t worry. Mondays are okay, but Fridays are the days to look out for, much like in real life, that’s why this schedule works so well.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Quick Simple Recipes:

Quick Simple Recipes are designed to make life a little easier for me and the reader. It’s time consuming to write up, edit the first draft, and then mess around on software to create these recipes just for the aesthetic pleasure. There are also a few factors to how I determine what should be made as a quick simple recipe.

1: If the recipe uses few ingredients.
    2: If the recipe is considered very simple in the game or translated to real life.
    3: If the recipe is just for comedic purposes.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

How You Can Help:

Sorry about the overuse of capital letters there. If you want to join in, just ask so in a PM or in a post on this thread. You can help by either writing or providing art for the thread and individual recipes. I am open to any donations of sorts, so draw away. I particularly enjoy recruiting promising or experienced writers for other literature projects, so if you wish to join me I’m happy to take those who I deem fit for the job.

The Squid and Zebe like this.
  2. Jonathan01013

Jonathan01013 Intergalactic Tourist

This is pretty useful. Not much of an information gatherer, or an image poster at that. Still, nice and organized.

3. pixel.

pixel. Space Hobo

It's fan fiction for a reason, my friend. Not sure what you mean by information gatherer and image poster.

4. Jonathan01013

Jonathan01013 Intergalactic Tourist

I Derped.

5. pixel.

pixel. Space Hobo

OK well no problem then.