1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Painting your ship.

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by DawnOfNights, Mar 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tardisphere

Tardisphere Scruffy Nerf-Herder

If it includes custom decals:

[​IMG]

If not, I'll just paint it teal or something.

2. MythicalBrit

MythicalBrit Void-Bound Voyager

If you can actually pull that off in pixel art I both commend and Respect you sir.
    Nice choice the doctor always did have a nice style to him no matter which version he was, ALSO where is that lizard from he looks pretty awesome

3. Tardisphere

Tardisphere Scruffy Nerf-Herder

It's Gex the Gecko, from the Gex games.

4. BloodyRain2k

BloodyRain2k Pangalactic Porcupine

black and red and if possible a decal of a succubus on it :D (that'll be a pain to get in that reso-scale)

5. rosett

rosett Scruffy Nerf-Herder

camo patterns!!

i'm gonna need more than just one ship to paint, because i have lots of designs in mind... like tribal markings, and gothic decors with skulls and chains, aww yeah

it'll be really nice to have the option to put preset decals on the ship (like stickers), or to paint it per-pixel via simple paint tool, like, 'overlay'ing the colors over the bland exterior of the ship. to make things easier, layers? and, selection limits on specific parts of the ship

(these are the things that i want though :D )

6. Maplestrip

Maplestrip Existential Complex

Wouldn't it be great if you could just insert a png-image you made yourself with any program you want into the game? I would love that...
    Maybe a bit too complicated, though, especially in multiplayer, but we always have texture packs (I really hope!)

7. AlphaZero

AlphaZero Void-Bound Voyager

I'd probably just go with Orange with a Cyan highlight.

8. Rainbow Dash

Rainbow Dash Oxygen Tank

light blue and rainbow :rofl:

9. CapnCourage

CapnCourage Void-Bound Voyager

Pink with rainbows

Blue with red flames coming from the front with stars all over where there isn't fire.
    Think some stereotypical stunt driver's car design.

10. Fluffy

Fluffy Scruffy Nerf-Herder

The most pink, pink I would be able to get. Or the nyan cat.

11. Renard Swartzahn

Renard Swartzahn Space Spelunker

Solid white with a Black Bear-Claw on it's left side.

12. Maxdrive

Maxdrive Starship Captain

White, with Assassin's Creed logo on the sides. It might have some dark reddish wisps trailing to the back, coming from the logos.

13. Earic Lodger

Earic Lodger Starship Captain

I'll paint it "Seizure". Why is it called seizure you may ask? Flashing lights. I'll pimp my ship with blinking lights until there is so much light pollution in space that i'll anhiliate the light coming from the suns, and then:

Profit!

14. Techgamer

Techgamer Big Damn Hero

Probably Black/Evil Purple...

If not then Black/metallic dark grey.

15. huhlig

huhlig Orbital Explorer

If all interplanetary travel is done by starmap, what is the ship for? Just background decoration when you land? Is the ship itself customizable with a purpose or just eye candy?

16. Eddy Steel

Eddy Steel Existential Complex

Mine needs no paint for it is Metal Gear Rex!

17. Maplestrip

Maplestrip Existential Complex

Who knows, maybe you have to wait in your ship for half a minute each time you go to a new planet. Maybe you can fight with spaceships in space. Maybe it's just eyecandy when on the starmap and when landing. Does it matter? Making it look good is fun anyway.
    I guess we'll see it soon enough, when the game is released.

18. Keirndmo

Keirndmo Scruffy Nerf-Herder

It will be in the shape of swampy with a chat bubble which is the cockpit saying "Swampy Awaaaaay!"

19. MrAwesome

MrAwesome Star Wrangler

probably with a nyan cat on the front and the rest of it colored like a rainbow

20. Earic Lodger

Earic Lodger Starship Captain

I will cover the ship with psychic paper. That way, you see what you want to see. (Though the amount of times the space police (Go space Broncos) will pull me over because of, shall we say "Imagery" on the side of the ship will be, plentiful)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.