1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Paint Gun Mod beta

Paints paintable things.

1. mastercookie

mastercookie Existential Complex

mastercookie submitted a new mod:

Paint Gun Mod - Paints paintable things.

Read more about this mod...

2. crudebuster

crudebuster Scruffy Nerf-Herder

And it seems mods that alter storage, like enhanced Storage per example, just s#it your work on containers. They become uncolorable altough the message "can be colored" still shows.

3. Bobby Bonsaimind

Bobby Bonsaimind Void-Bound Voyager

There is a compatibility problem with Improved Containers (and most likely others). You're overriding the scripts of other mods in your patches.

The line in your patches in concern:

{"op":"add","path":"/scripts","value": [ "/shared/PGMSystem.lua" ] },

This should be changed to:

{"op":"add","path":"/scripts/-","value": "/shared/PGMSystem.lua" },

So that your script is added to the list instead of being set as the single item. That change can be applied to all files at once easily when you have a Shell handy:

find . -name "*.patch" -exec sed -i "s/ {\"op\":\"add\",\"path\":\"\\/scripts\",\"value\": \\[ \"\\/shared\\/PGMSystem.lua\" \\] }/ {\"op\":\"add\",\"path\":\"\\/scripts\\/-\",\"value\": \"\\/shared\\/PGMSystem.lua\" }/" "{}" \;

mastercookie likes this.
  4. mastercookie

it doesn't work, gives me this error:

[Error] Could not apply patch from file /objects/apex/tesla/tesla.object.patch in source: ..\mods\Paint Gun Mod. ........ (TraversalException) No such key 'scripts' in pathApply("/scripts/-")

5. Bobby Bonsaimind

Bobby Bonsaimind Void-Bound Voyager

Mh, sorry, seems like there needs to be extra logic added to make sure that the path is existent:

[
    [
    {"op":"test","path":"/scripts","inverse":true},
    {"op":"add","path":"/scripts","value":[]}
    ],
    original patch goes here
    ]

So that it looks like this:

[
    [
    {"op":"test","path":"/scripts","inverse":true},
    {"op":"add","path":"/scripts","value":[]}
    ],
    [
    {"op":"add","path":"/animation","value": "/shared/PGMSystem.animation" },
    {"op":"add","path":"/animationParts","value": { "defaultPart" : "tesla.png" } },
    {"op":"add","path":"/animationCustom","value": { } },
    {"op":"add","path":"/animationCustom/sounds","value": { } },
    {"op":"add","path":"/animationCustom/sounds","value": { "switch" : [ "/sfx/environmental/vine_cut2.ogg" ], "error" : [ "/sfx/environmental/vine_cut2.ogg" ] } },
    {"op":"add","path":"/animationPosition","value": [-8, 0] },
    {"op":"add","path":"/scripts/-","value": "/shared/PGMSystem.lua" },
    {"op":"add","path":"/scriptDelta","value": 5 },

{"op": "replace", "path": "/description", "value": "A wireless energy supply.\n- Can be colored -"}
    ]
    ]

Was working for me because the Improved Containers mod was loaded first, which added that path (with exactly that logic), sorry.

mastercookie likes this.
  6. mastercookie

7. mastercookie

with the magic of macros, finally finished. cant say i miss modding sb.

Saint Apollyon likes this.
  8. MaxShadow09

MaxShadow09 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

There seems to be an incompatibility problem with Enhanced Storage. None of that mod features will work with the colorable containers, and when you destroy them, the item won't drop. The log throws this error:

Code:
    [19:50:08.174] [Error] Exception while invoking lua function 'die'. (LuaException) Error code 2, [string "/scripts/shared/util.lua"]:7: attempt to index a nil value (global 'itemConfig')
    stack traceback:
        [C]: in metamethod '__index'
        [string "/scripts/shared/util.lua"]:7: in global 'getItemConfig'
        [string "/scripts/shared/objects/keepcontent.lua"]:25: in global 'smashContainer'
        [string "/scripts/enhancedstorage.lua"]:23: in function <[string "/scripts/enhancedstorage.lua"]:22>
    which points to an Enhanced Storage script, but this only happens with the containers that this mod replaces.

EDIT: Also, my game crashes at startup when I remove this mod. That's really weird. It starts working again when I reinstall it. The log throws this error:

Code:
    [20:28:47.415] [Error] Application: exception thrown, shutting down: (ObjectException) Error loading object '/objects/machines/washer1.object': (AssetException) Error loading asset /shared/PGMSystem.animation

Last edited: Jan 20, 2018
  9. mastercookie

ive no idea how to fix Enhanced Storage thing and as for washer1 object, thats a bit odd.
    i found washing machine in Pixel Goods Store (it's called Front Load Washer), but i didn't add compatibility with PGS, maybe someone else did?

anyways just remove washing machine thing (both placed and from the inventory), then uninstall the paintgun mod and hopefully it wont crash.
    if it still does u may need to find different version of PGS.

10. MaxShadow09

MaxShadow09 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Apparently there's a dependency in Pixel Goods Store, the washer uses one of the Paint gun scripts, so I can't remove the mod. Instead, I removed all the colorable objects that are also present in Enhanced Storage. That way I can still use the mod without the incompatibility problem.

11. mastercookie

ive no idea who made PGS compatible with Paintgun thing, definitely wasn't me :)
    i can hook u up with dependencies free version if u need one.

12. Dark_Chaos

Dark_Chaos Subatomic Cosmonaut

Hey so, problem, I tried using this, when I unzipped it, the files weren't in a proper folder, it was just the core files, the metadata, ect, and when I tried to put them in a folder, I was able to get the gun, but it wouldn't color anything. On top of that, none of the objects had the new text "Can be colored" and I checked pretty much all of them. Then, I tried just putting all of the files in the ZIP folder into the mods folder, paintgun, metadata, objects, all of it. Doing so crashed my game consistently. There are clearly problems here, and I understand it's in beta. But I would appreciate it if you could look into these issues.

13. mastercookie

if u got the gun in game it means u installed it correctly. but if the gun itself doesnt work, theres probably a conflict with some other mod.
    check the logs for this.

14. amirmiked12

amirmiked12 Parsec Taste Tester

Doesn't work for pixel good store

15. mastercookie

it's not supposed to, needs to be added manually

16. amirmiked12

amirmiked12 Parsec Taste Tester

How should I patch them?

17. mastercookie