WIP Overgrown Farmhouse Asset Remix - Deluxe Coop Added

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by elyneara, Mar 22, 2016.

1. Nivea

Nivea Starship Captain

I really love this look, its like a old ivy house. Can not wait to see it finished and more colors!

• swpau

swpau Ketchup Robot

yes me too....l love this style of Greenhouse....can u do it?

• swpau

swpau Ketchup Robot

oh..u means copy ur houses.xnb and to replace the original one first....then copy the other house1,2,3.xnb (designed by others) to replace those original files = someone else's house + ur greenhouse ?..am i right?

• brunocambraia

brunocambraia Orbital Explorer

OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THATS AMAZING!!!! D:

• witchss

witchss Void-Bound Voyager

Wow this is amazing! - Is there any way to have the greenhouse alone to use with a different house mod?

• elyneara

elyneara Void-Bound Voyager

Guys if there is a way to do the house and the greenhouse separately I don't know how, you will have to do that on your own. Please feel free to make changes to suit your whims.

I uploaded a version with no mushroom on the greenhouse. There are also two silos that are overgrown to match the house.

Recolors will be a ways down the road, I want to do the coop and barn first. If anyone wants to do their own recolors be my guest! I'll post your re-colors here if you want :)

lannihamm likes this.
              • Kappa-Slapper

Kappa-Slapper Tentacle Wrangler

Oh my... oh my oh my oh my. This is the most beautiful thing I've ever seen! I just freakin love overgrown buildings. Will you think about doing the barn and etc? Because if you do, wow would I pay a million!

Edit:
                Hahahaha, whoops, didn't read to the end of the page. It's great to hear that you're working on the coop and barn! I'm looking forward to it.

• elyneara

Glad you like it! I just finished the deluxe coop :)

lannihamm likes this.
                  • Kappa-Slapper

Found something strange. Possible fix? Could just be something on my end though..

Attached Files:

lannihamm likes this.
                    • GBDetective

GBDetective Void-Bound Voyager

These look fantastic so far! I'm excited for the other matching farm buildings.

One question: Wouldn't having all those vines, grass, and tree alive, look jarring during winter? Long after you've finished the other buildings, would you consider making an alternate set of the .xnbs with dead/dormant plants, that one could manually change to during winter in their game?

• elyneara

@Kappa-Slapper looks like there is a spot where the under-lying texture shows through, I must not have seen that because I have trees all over. Or maybe I'm just unobservant. :rofl: will fix.

@GBDetective yes, I just go past winter with it on and it is a little jarring. I tried to include grasses of all the other seasons so there was blending most of the time, but I could definitely do a winter version. I kind of made it OK in my head by thinking that the buildings produce heat that lets the plants live on in all seasons, lol. The textures will need to be manually switched on season-chance as I don't know how to make it force-pick from another texture sheet by season.

lannihamm likes this.
                        • Kappa-Slapper

Hahahaha no worries, I'll tell ya if I find anything else ;)

• SasuraUchiha

SasuraUchiha Cosmic Narwhal

Oh, the Overgrown Coop looks nice! Do you plan to make the coop and big coop, too?

• elyneara

Yes, I plan on making all coops eventually, but I am prioritizing the ones on my own farm first :)

• SasuraUchiha

SasuraUchiha Cosmic Narwhal

Sure!
                                Would love to see all buildings at some point. <3

• Kappa-Slapper

By the way, could I please make a suggestion/request?

• elyneara

yes, everyone is free to make any suggestions they like. I'll do my best but I make no promises.

• Cimeni

Cimeni Phantasmal Quasar

Love, love, love <3 The coop and silo are perfect. It gives such a wonderful feel to it! A barn or stable in the same style will make it an amazing set to use +w+

The only thing I don't like is how far the roof extends. I understand the style, so that's just a choice on my end, but I'd love for it to not extend that far c:

• Kappa-Slapper

About the well, if you ever decide to do that too, could you put plants around the corners so it doesn't look so stupid? Of course this is just a suggestion. I can always just move it. Also, the roof on it looks so freakin annoying :sarcasm:

P.S. I really love how you did the roof on the farmhouse :oops:

Attached Files:

• elyneara

ok, I will do the well next! I'm imagining having vines crawling up from the inside and some grasses in those corners.

lannihamm likes this.