1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Orpheus Colony: RAM's edits 3.7

Some edits and additions to Alsehr's awesome Orpheus Colony ship.

1. para_user

para_user Big Damn Hero

yes i put the folder Orpheus Colony Mod - human (RAM's edit) in this directory. nothing happens

2. para_user

para_user Big Damn Hero

ah so, now i get it, i don´t get the colony from the start but i have to update it after the ftl mission , is that right?

3. HyperMan19680

HyperMan19680 Pangalactic Porcupine

How would I go about getting it upgraded then?

4. greenRAM

greenRAM Giant Laser Beams

Through the regular missions at the base I believe. Though, I haven't gotten that far yet. I just got past the first mission boss and got the Tier 3 upgrade to the vanilla ship. It'll be awhile before I get to Tier 4. It seems I've created a mod for a part of the game that I haven't even reached yet. :rofl:

5. joneau

joneau Void-Bound Voyager

bit confused now, how the mod works if i already have a existing guy ingame. (still at T0{fix] ship tho,) i need to create a new character to make the use of the mod?

Last edited: Feb 2, 2015
  6. endlessmark

endlessmark Phantasmal Quasar

well to do that the ship tier will be T0, so you gotta make a new character and upgrade the ship to TX (X=Tier you want), then you rename the new chara ship file to the existing one. Wala your existing chara is now using the new chara ship

7. greenRAM

Should work. When you upgrade eventually to T-4 the vanilla ship you have now will transform seamlessly into the mod's ship.

Seems that the position is relative to the teleport, making it so that I don't have to change the first four tiers to make this mod work. Or, on your end, if you are still within the first four tiers you can download this mod without any problems. Pretty nifty!

8. joneau

Realized that it works after upgrade. Tho no lights around the upgraded part? Torches OP

9. greenRAM

y
    Maybe you're right. I'll see about optimizing some lighting in each updated section.

edit: Looks like I had left it dark for a good reason. Adding lights causes problems where if you remove the lights you can't add anything in it's place. You can solve this problem by creating a background for the lights to "sit" on, that is, the lights would be the foreground object and the background meterial would be the whatever the background is. That's why there are lights only on certain parts of the ship as you progress. Too many limitations.

Sorry about that. It would be neat to find a ways around this problem without having to make so many compromises.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2015
  10. greenRAM

11. greenRAM

12. greenRAM

13. greenRAM

14. joneau

hmmm, k so, after i upgraded ship to T4 (or according the mods page, tier 7) (novakid race), EDIT:all upgraded area lost every single platform...(version 2.4 of the mod active)

Last edited: Feb 8, 2015
    greenRAM likes this.
  15. greenRAM

Yeah, I'm so sorry, what a drag. It was a frustrating day yesterday for updates.

I really want a good patch for these instead of the replacements I have now, but it looks like the human ship's config file was the only one that took the patch. The rest of the races rejected the asset changes, so I'll have to give up on that for now. Maybe down the line more of the game will respond to patches better and I'll be able to do this mod properly.

On the up side I was able to add all the material to the mining bay again. That was what I really wanted most with this mod, as what's a mining ship without a mining bay full of stuff to mine?

edit: if anyone out there can get these patches to work with all of the races please send them my way. I'll be eternally grateful, for whatever that's worth.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2015
  16. greenRAM

greenRAM updated Orpheus Colony: RAM's edits (Tiered ship for Upbeat Giraffe) with a new update entry:

Novakids' T8 broken

Read the rest of this update entry...[DOUBLEPOST=1423517111][/DOUBLEPOST]
    I'm so sorry for the bug with novakids. I'll keep trying to figure out how to get it to work with them again.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2015
  17. greenRAM

18. HyperMan19680

HyperMan19680 Pangalactic Porcupine

I'm curious, what makes this different from the original Colony? I didn't get any data on that from the front page of the mod.

19. cm97878

cm97878 Void-Bound Voyager

I was wondering, is there a way to have your ship upgrade along with the colony?

20. greenRAM

I added a number of things like a mining bay, more farming areas and an observation bay among others. Take a look at the original. There's a link to it at the bottom of of the main page.

Yeah, I would have loved to do that from the beginning. I'm definitely going to try and incorporate the vanilla tiers, but I'll need to resize everything first, so it will take time do right.

edit: on second thought I might put that off until I have more time.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2015