1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Feedback only human bandits and human space pirates?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by General Nuclear, Jun 23, 2017.

?

What enemy do you want to fight the most?

1. the novakid bandits

8 vote(s)
    32.0%
  2. The miniknogs

8 vote(s)
    32.0%
  3. The penguin pirates and penguin king

3 vote(s)
    12.0%
  4. The agaran menace

4 vote(s)
    16.0%
  5. stargazer patrols

2 vote(s)
    8.0%
  1. General Nuclear

General Nuclear Supernova

anyone else notice that there are only human bandits now and no other bandit races you can find, only a few rogue ones that you find on side quests and there are no other bandit ships other then human ships which gos against the lore because nearly every other race have achieved space travel.

we are also missing a lot of enemy factions too.
    like for exsample.

The novakid bandit groups,

The miniknogs (No! one misson is not enough we really want to fight these guys),

The penguin pirates and penguin king (again one mission is not enough also where is the penguin king? his pictured everwhere on the forum or was),

The agaran menace (we have still did not ever get this mission that you guys was hyping up),

Last edited: Oct 23, 2017
    Sir_Djak and EnigmaTardigrade like this.
  2. PyreStarite

PyreStarite Space Kumquat

I noticed that there are only human bandits as well, which makes me feel pretty damn bad about killing them because humans are now on the endangered species list. I also don't remember getting to fight miniknog in a while. Agaran have kinda just turned into another npc race like fenerox and they are just peacefully living theirs lives. Go lore rewrite, yay.

3. STCW262

STCW262 Heliosphere

I at points don't get why all bandits are human, specially as not only there could be bandits of other species (Pre-1.0, there were IRC bandits of all other species but Novakids), but it's generally weird that, somehow, bandits are the only ones that make encampments. Why aren't there, say, Miniknog resource harvesting teams that are intended to kidnap people for experimentation? That is something that can happen in village quests (Why else would Miniknog scientists kidnap someone?)
    But that is little in comparison with Penguins, who logically should have the highest presence in terms of outlaws, but normally there's practically no hostile penguins outside of missions.

4. tehcavy

tehcavy Ketchup Robot

As of now, there seems to be an attempt to tie them with ex-USCM personel ("Unlike our own soldiers, it has been observed that this group struggles heavily with obedience among their own ranks. Many of their freighters have been lost to mutinies, with their crews instead deciding on careers in space banditry." - Internal Report). Still doesn't excuse why they're exclusively human (they don't take new recruits or something? Discriminating against xenos?) or how they're found in places like microdungeons deep underground and Challenge Rooms.

5. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

Never paid enough attention to care. Don't really see why it matters. Bandits are bandits.

6. PyreStarite

PyreStarite Space Kumquat

The issue is that all of the bandits (mind bandits, not outlaws) are all humans, when in reality they should be of all races. There should be avian bandits just like there should be floran bandits along side human bandits. On that note, I want to see more than bandit and cult ships. I want to see floran hunter ships, avian fanatic ships, miniknog research ships, and etc.

7. General Nuclear

it matter for a hole lot of reasons but mainly lore wise and racially pointing towards the human race to be the ultimate evil in the galaxy and all other evil beings are just lesser evil which is both badly written and a very wrong way of thinking.

scientists have actually proven that there are even evil animals who harm, bully and kill other animals or even there own just for fun. evil is in all shapes and forms some more then others.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2017
    soldierfast90 and STCW262 like this.
  8. D.M.G.

D.M.G. Master Astronaut

Discrimination? Yup, I think so. USCM was, welp, a human-only military force, and even if it doesn't exists anymore, it membes have most likely joined the Occasus, which are known to be xenophobic

STCW262 likes this.
  9. [curly] servo

[curly] servo Scruffy Nerf-Herder

i would like to see more of what the all-seeing knights are doing. and then rob them!

10. STCW262

STCW262 Heliosphere

We're talking about bandits, not the USCM. Since when are bondits notable for being organized? They would have many reasons to take other species, or, more accurately, except in the case of an individual group being xenophobic, they would have few reasons NOT to.
    As for joining Occasus, there's few real evidence (Althrough it surely explains how a cult that apparently had to steal it's weaponry on-site when they attacked a Glitch Keep would have some spaceships and managed to design Mech bodies).

11. Roskii Heiral

Roskii Heiral Heliosphere

I'd like to attack stargazer patrols (if they still exist). Seems like there'd be alot of gold/shinies on board xD

General Nuclear likes this.
  12. General Nuclear

i added it to the poll.

13. General Nuclear

Actually i want to fight a new type of enemy too.
    any suggestions?

14. Ickura

Ickura Big Damn Hero

I wish I could vote all of them buuuut I would go with the penguins. Seriously! PENGUINS WITH GUNS! TANKS! FREAKIN UFOS! WHAT CAN BE MORE EXCITING THAN THAT!?

15. EnigmaTardigrade

EnigmaTardigrade Void-Bound Voyager

Isn't Dreadwing the penguin king? Or is he just the leader of a group of penguin pirates :nuruconfused:

16. General Nuclear

nope he is only the penguin pirate i am pretty sure off.

17. kaffekane

kaffekane Scruffy Nerf-Herder

In the glitch codex books about the fake king, that was Dreadwing posturing himself as a king among the Glitch before he was found out as a penguin due to some reveal in that particular story. So, I hope that clears up that.
    ---
    I wanted to say that after the spacefarer/mechs update we can kind of attack other hostiles aside of human bandits/Occassus. Then again, I'm also running FU, so I don't know how much of the hostile and non-hostile encounters are vanilla and how much are from the mod.

General Nuclear likes this.
  18. General Nuclear

objection..png
    the penguin king was always shown being in the arctic while the glitch home planet (that we get to visit on the quest with the baron) is on a forest planet, also he was also being shown being carried by some other penguins while it says in the lore that dreadwing was disguised meaning that he didn't look like a penguin at all, so that means that dreadwing was messing with the glitchs in a robot suit. and that the penguin king and the dreadwing is not the same person.
    [​IMG]
    as stated in the lore 'his Glitch disguise falling away'

*shows photo of the penguin king*
    upload_2017-12-28_22-24-43.jpeg

*phoenix wright super detective lawyer theme sung by nerds starts*

*shows more evidence of the penguin king in the crown without a glitch outfit*
    [​IMG]
    as you see with this kick starter pack you can clearly see the penguin king in his crown and if i wanted to i could go as far as to say that this is false advertising by the dev team seeing that we have yet to see a penguin with a crown as a character in the game. seeing that this product should allude that there should be a penguin king or penguin wearing a crown in the game.

actually i really want a answer on why there aren't a penguin king in starbound i call @mollygos on to the witness box since she is more or less the spokes woman for this forum and the game.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2017
    EnigmaTardigrade likes this.