1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

On the topic of beds.

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by pramones9, Mar 19, 2012.

?

What do you think they are for.

1. Refill HP

62.5%
  2. Part of the Storyline

3.1%
  3. Other...

34.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KuraiRyuu

KuraiRyuu Space Kumquat

I wonder if beds will be in the station or placeable in houses you make. If they are in the station then it would be pretty pointless if they healed you.

2. KXI System

KXI System Master Chief

I would hope for both, I very much would like to sleep in my spaceship and not park at every planet when I want to sleep.

3. Tiger

Tiger Phantasmal Quasar

Everybody keeps talking about how the beds would have to wait for all players to pass time (on multiplayer). I just want to say that if you're on different planets, the time could be different, right? And if somebody tried to come to your planet while you were sleeping, you could get some kind of alert and wake up.
    But I guess if it was on the space station, you would have to wait for everybody. Maybe the station won't have day/night cycles, or it's some magical thing that makes sleep unnecessary. I don't know, I just wanted to put the thing about the planets out there again :p

4. KXI System

KXI System Master Chief

Yeah in space there is actually no day/night only time. So sleeping on the space station to past the night thats never there... is well not possible.

5. HazardJake

HazardJake Void-Bound Voyager

Well you could pass the time while traveling light years :p

6. Bonabopn

Bonabopn Fluffiest Squirrel

Yes, but you're all missing the important bit.
    The mechanic is sleeping with a giant spanner.

7. 777eza

777eza Existential Complex

I think if you can use the bed it would be for saving? and npc uses them at night so there not waiting in front of the door doing nothing.

8. Breather

Breather Oxygen Tank

I picked other, cuz i think they're for sleeping... IS THAT JUST ME??

9. KXI System

KXI System Master Chief

I don't wanna jump into that o_O

I sleep with giant items all the time :/

10. Pentarctagon

Pentarctagon Over 9000!!!

That's what she said!
    couldn't...resist...

11. KXI System

KXI System Master Chief

That what he said as well, or he will mention at least 2 large items.
    why... why did you pull me in as well?

12. Pentarctagon

Pentarctagon Over 9000!!!

Give in to the dark side!

13. Starheaven07

Starheaven07 Pyxis Tube

I hope that beds fulfill a more realistic role in this game than they have in recent indie titles
    Terraria beds were bad particularly because they were just an item to set your spawn point
    I feel that beds in Starbound will serve a more practical purpose
    At least, I hope they do

14. pramones9

pramones9 Space Spelunker

Well the beds might not be the center of starbound so might not even matter. :p

15. Starheaven07

Starheaven07 Pyxis Tube

Considering the way people think planet exploration will be like, you will spawn at the dropzone for any planet you visit
    Beds will most likely not be used to set spawn points on planets because they are supposed to be a "throwaway experience"
    It is much more likely they will restore health or have a different, more bedlike role.

16. KXI System

KXI System Master Chief

Indeed, if there is deep character interactions I hope they will server a good role as well.

I mean beds can be used for a lot of stuff, ie sliding down a hill.

17. pramones9

pramones9 Space Spelunker

I wish I put that on the poll.

18. kesvalk

kesvalk Cosmic Narwhal

the most important thing in this image is not the beds, it's the fact that we see 3 different running animations, and at least 4 different standing poses...

if all this can be selected in the char creation... i will a be a rally happy pony.

19. JohnDevince

JohnDevince Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I honestly wish they wouldn't do beds, but do space pods instead. Space pods would simulate your favorite dreams ever. But as you arrive on an abandoned space shuttle, you don't know how to operate yours so you only get a few good dreams, the rest are relapses of your home planet being destroyed
    ~ John

20. Keirndmo

Keirndmo Scruffy Nerf-Herder

The bed are there so you can have pillow fights of course!
    Or getting hp back but I would prefer pillow fights!

Tiger likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.