Modding Discussion OLD--POST IN NEW THREAD--Mod List, Modding Guides, and General Modding Discussion

Discussion in 'Mods' started by cantorsdust, Feb 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zipy199522

zipy199522 Pangalactic Porcupine

Hey everyone, just wanted to let you know that I've updated both of my mods AutoSpeed, and MoreRain to work with SMAPI 0.0.7! The old links will give you versions for SMAPI 0.0.6 and below, but to get all of my future releases, use the link here.
    https://github.com/janavarro95/Stardew_Valley_Mods

I'll handle all of my mod storage from that link from here on out to make less confusion for you and for me.
    I'm glad that this community has grown so rapidly! It takes me awhile to browse though all of the new content, and one day (soon hopefully), I would love to do a stream (or atleast a play through, which I've been neglecting my organic play through since I starting modding the day after the game came out.) featuring some my personal favorite mods, but we'll see how that will play out.
    Anyways I'm excited to see what else everyone can make! Take care!

Clovilah and Acrimonia like this.
    • lilipea

lilipea Phantasmal Quasar

This is what pinkish colors look like before/after the mod:
      [​IMG] [​IMG]

• froznkamui

froznkamui Void-Bound Voyager

I want to ask
        can we use a bigger portrait size? not 64x64 , like 128x128 or much higher resolution ?

901109 Void-Bound Voyager

thank! and now i just take the file to C:/ , and it work fine now

• Alan Minder

Alan Minder Starship Captain

Got an issue with the autospeed mod. Doesn't work and never has. All mods work just fine, but this one has never had any effect. Even tried putting the set_speed to 4 to make sure I'd notice the difference and it has no effect whatsoever.

• CLokken

CLokken Void-Bound Voyager

Is it possible to upscale sprites to fit into the portraits?
              I made portraits replaced for a certain NPC and unlike the original 64x64 per face, it uses 128x128 per face.
              Which means the result was that the portrait in game only showed half of the face in width and height, despite the sprites being upscaled
              Is there any way around this? Maybe adding something to the yaml file?

• burningleos

burningleos Cosmic Narwhal

You know i totally would wish the addition of adding additional NPCs or Marriage candidates for people to give freedom of their imaginations and stuff, just saying

• zipy199522

Is the mod in the Mods folder where the game executable is located, or in the %appdata% mod folder? Now that I think about it i'll need to update them to check for mods in the %appdata% since I haven't done that yet.
                  For now put them in the Mods folder that is located in the .exe path location and I'll try updating them asap. Also note that there is a updated version for SMAPI 0.0.7 that I suggest downloading to see if it fixes your problem. I just uploaded it at like 3 AM to https://github.com/janavarro95/Stardew_Valley_Mods/tree/master/AutoSpeed

• Alan Minder

Alan Minder Starship Captain

In the mod folder with the executable; all my mods are in there.
                    I also downloaded the latest version to ensure it might be the issue, and it sadly didn't change a thing.

• zipy199522

I sent you a inbox message. We'll continue the conversation there. =)

• Kit Ballard

Kit Ballard Tentacle Wrangler

Hm. Close enough for me, I think. ^_^

edit:
                        upload_2016-3-6_10-56-57.png
                        After plugging in the code in SMAPI, It's an exact match to color code ff00aa (player_changecolour hair 255,0,170). I'm content =D Though the Hair whip seems to be missing the outline..

Last edited: Mar 6, 2016
                        • lilipea

That hair already had a more faint outline on the bangs, so brightening it made it kind of vanish. I could darken the outline for you, if you'd like.

• Kit Ballard

Kit Ballard Tentacle Wrangler

nah, it's fine, unless you have one of them perfectionist ticks hehehe :rofl: Might as well though for someone else that might have an issue with "no outlines"

• lilipea

It only took me a few mins, so I edited it anyway!

before/after:
                              [​IMG]

annnd the DL link

Last edited: Mar 9, 2016
                                Kit Ballard likes this.
                              • Acrimonia

Acrimonia Subatomic Cosmonaut

Working on it! Don't expect anything too soon. Making an NPC that feels right takes times, and I'd rather iron out everything just so until releasing things.
                                I've got a feeling with the way that the community is increasing, though, I won't be the only one working on projects like this.
                                If you got the time, and the drive, you can as well!

burningleos likes this.
                                • toastface5

toastface5 Void-Bound Voyager

As someone who has no idea about coding, does anyone know what to do with the yaml files in Characters > Schedules? I think the bit in penny.yaml under marriageJob, 'BusStop -1 23 3' may be the bit that changes her path through the bus stop area to the town that stops her randomly stopping and standing where now gone stone is. No idea what to change the values to, though. Guessing it's the x and y coordinates on the map in TIDE but not entirely sure and also not sure what other value is.

• burningleos

burningleos Cosmic Narwhal

Hey If you managed to get some basic sprites, I would totally ask if i can have its coding and sprites, I'm working on making a modded NPC to be based on my indie game character, simply "self promoting" you can say :rofl:

• AriaDraconfly

AriaDraconfly Title Not Found

Is there a step by step tutorial on specifically how to repack portraits/sprites? I'm having some trouble getting Node to work at all and windows 10 wont let you use XNB builder since it wont let you install XNA game studio >< About ready to roll back to Windows 7. I figured out how to edit the map easily enough, even got the changes in game and unpacking the xnb's was simple but I'm missing something on repacking.

• cantorsdust

cantorsdust Existential Complex

Updated OP. If you have a mod and it hasn't made the list, PM me. I lumped all the Pokemon mods into the one link thread, FYI.

I made a step by step picture guide. It's in the OP. If you're having trouble with XNB Node when packing PNGs, XNB Builder is your only other option, unfortunately. If you post your files here, someone should be able to pack them for you, though.

• rogerhnn

rogerhnn Void-Bound Voyager

I am trying to translate the game, but I can't find these two parts for translation: (red arrows)
                                          [​IMG]
                                          The other parts are fine.

Also, anyone could make a font with special caracters like áéíóúâêîôûçãõ etc?

Thread Status:
                                          Not open for further replies.