Ok, so that just happened... -facepalm-

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MoonlitBrenya, May 23, 2016.

Tags:
  1. MoonlitBrenya

MoonlitBrenya Existential Complex

ok so today, I was getting ready to head to the skull caverns, had emptied my inventory of all unnecessary crap, had my pickaxe, sword, stones, bombs and food. Like the full on idiot I am, I had the bombs in my inventory. I placed one... in the basement... where I HAD 2 more trash recycle machines, a crystalarium, and a diamond in it. Had... rip...

the messed up part is, when the bomb went off, I didn't notice the missing machinery? Like, idk if I was just shocked at my own epic derpiness, or if the machines ghosts were still there, and they didn't vacate the premise till I slept... It takes me a full two days to notice the vacant spots... gah!

Sooo, has this happened to anyone else? What did you blow up? Did you notice right away? Or was it like my case, where you were just too busy to see it?

I am using a house mode, hence the basement.

Borodin and Gabaw like this.
    • Wildroses

Wildroses Void-Bound Voyager

That hasn't happened to me yet as I don't really use bombs, but I did come across someone here who blew up a chest in their farm that was just full of items. They lost everything.

Gabaw likes this.
      • MoonlitBrenya

Doh! that had to SUCK!

• Manning

Manning Aquatic Astronaut

So on Winter 10 of year two I decide to check my "recipe collection".

Only one left to collect - "Cool" I think to myself.

The missing recipe - Poppyseed Muffin.

So I look it up on the wiki... Cooking channel, Winter 7, even years.

Apparently I forgot to check on that day.

Gabaw likes this.
          • Borodin

Borodin Oxygen Tank

We've actually had a thread of horrible mistakes we've all made--but I have to say, yours is possibly the worst I've read. Sorry to hear that.

Gabaw likes this.
            • Bubblebeam

Bubblebeam Phantasmal Quasar

Could they not have gone back to the previous day, if the chest was so valuable? I don't think I'd care what progress I made on a day where that mistake was made.

• MoonlitBrenya

I agree, had I realized what had actually happened with my goof (understatement much?) I would have reloaded right then.

• Wildroses

Wildroses Void-Bound Voyager

For all I know they did. I don't remember who it was or which thread, it was a while back. I would have. I reload nearly every time I die in the mines.

• NikkSword

NikkSword Pangalactic Porcupine

For a long time, I thought the Shipping Bin outside my house was a chest, meaning I thought you put items in it to store it, so I put all my tools, seeds, crops, and so on in it. At the end of the night, I thought the report was much I COULD sell it for, meaning if I took out the item and went to Pierre for crops or whatever, that is how much it WOULD sell for. I finally noticed I was actually slowly making money and figured it out :facepalm:

• Jaed

Jaed Industrial Terraformer

I made a "horrible mistake" last night when I planted a just-acquired peach tree in the greenhouse and in the next moment, a poorly-placed hoe apparently bludgeoned it to death. >.<

• Sh4dowWalker96

Sh4dowWalker96 Big Damn Hero

I just did something similar, planted a few saplings for my apple orchard, and an errant misclick of a pickaxe took one out.