Officer System?

Discussion in 'Other' started by lordcheesecake, Mar 1, 2012.

1. lordcheesecake

lordcheesecake Big Damn Hero

Not sure if this is an appropriately descriptive name but it's an idea that popped into my head. Basically, have a system where you could assign crew members to certain responsibilities on the space station. Maybe based on the stats of the NPC you might get a bonus to say, research speed. Just an idea, not very well fleshed out, but I thought I'd post it anyway.

2. Marsgreekgod

Marsgreekgod Big Damn Hero

Do ships... even have stats?

I don't even think research HAS a speed. I think if you have the blueprints/stuff you need/people you need, you can make the item, otherwise you can't. I don't think researching new items is planned

3. lordcheesecake

lordcheesecake Big Damn Hero

My understanding is that you can obtain blueprints for items through a research system, based on what was said in a recent Q&A session:
    "Tiy: You'll also be able to open a research lap on the space station, which will lead to a tech tree"
    and
    "Rho_: we could possibly do something where reverse engineering the weapon boosts the research progress towards it"

I don't know if ships have stats, but I know npc's do.
    I suppose we don't really have a good enough understanding of how that works, but again it was just an idea.