Modding Help NPC Seeds. (CLOSED)

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Sparklink, Apr 20, 2017.

1. Sparklink

Sparklink Ketchup Robot

I am attempting to make some NPCs with a specific appearance for an outpost like instance world. I was hoping that there may be some way to easily get the desired appearance without trying several random numbers. Two questions that would solve my problem if at least one of them were solved: are you able to view the seed of your own character, or is there a way to determine the outcome of a certain seed.

2. projectmayhem

projectmayhem Spaceman Spiff

If I understand you right, I don't think you have to have a seed. I made some NPC's for my Jedi Temple instance world, and I deleted the seed part, since I really didn't know what it did anyways. In my NPCTYPE file, they only had one option of clothing and weapon, so they spawn looking exactly like I want them too.

3. Sparklink

Sparklink Ketchup Robot

I decided to simply test each seed one by one until I got characters I wanted.

4. magewish4

magewish4 Pangalactic Porcupine

If you're talking about hair/skin color/hair color/etc - take a look at the nuruoutpost.npctype, koichioutpost.npctype, and other story outpost npcs. While they override their appearance with custom images, it looks like they have an appearance set as a backup in the "identity" object.