1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

NPC Crew Member Cloning?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Gyro-Hat, Jul 27, 2016.

1. Gyro-Hat

Gyro-Hat Aquatic Astronaut

I have revisited the Grand Pagoda Mission a couple times today to see if I could get the weapon drop from Nox, and after returning from one of the revisits, all my crew members duplicated
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    That's all I can really get at the moment.

It happend with every single one of them. The copies just suddenly teleported in with me all at the same time.
    It also seems like theres no limit to how many NPCs I can bring with me now,S.A.I.L.'s Crew member window hasn't changed. It's nothing major, but I'd like to know what happend and what I could do about it because now I have 14 people in the ship.

2. SamuFinland

SamuFinland Phantasmal Quasar

So do you have double bonuses?

3. Gyro-Hat

Yeah, and I believe more and more of each keep appearing the more times I re-do the Hylotl Artifact Mission.
    This is becoming quite a mess.

4. Yusuke Urameshi

Yusuke Urameshi Space Kumquat

Can you dismiss them?

5. GreenBanana

GreenBanana Void-Bound Voyager

I'm having this same problem, and worse, they duplicated onto the ship of someone I was playing with. He has inaccessible crew members aboard his ship that belong to me. It's weird.

6. RobinLink

RobinLink Yeah, You!

it happened to me to

7. RobinLink

RobinLink Yeah, You!

i managed to dismiss my real crew and kill the clones though it was hard

8. AlexGD

AlexGD Space Hobo

My crew members duplicated too...

How do i kill the clones?

9. GreenBanana

GreenBanana Void-Bound Voyager

Usually lava or liquid poison.

10. Gyro-Hat

I could dismiss most of them, only three are left.
    I can't interact with them so they'll probably stay in my ship forever.

11. Zetamax

Zetamax Void-Bound Voyager

I had this happen recently with a single crew member. I Dismissed him from the crew terminal and one of them disappeared, but the crew member stayed in the terminal and the double kept returning. I ended up dismissing the same crew member twice and the double and original disappeared finally.

12. Starfeather

Starfeather Phantasmal Quasar

Happened to me twice. I could interact with the clones, so I ordered everyone on a ship to follow me and beamed down to a planet. Only real ones beamed down with me and when I returned to the ship all clones were gone. Didn't happen ever since, hopefully it'll stay that way.

Zetamax likes this.
  13. DrPvtSkittles

DrPvtSkittles Master Astronaut