1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED NovastarX's Ground Seeders 1.4

Adds Matter Synthesisers that spread grass, sand, crystals, etc. onto tiles + their Crafting Tables.

1. NovastarX

NovastarX Big Damn Hero

NovastarX submitted a new mod:

NovastarX's Ground Seeders - Adds Matter Synthesisers that spread grass, sand, crystals, etc. onto tiles + their Crafting Tables.

Read more about this mod...

2. Mooncalf99

Mooncalf99 Spaceman Spiff

One of the cans call for "Alien wood sap". How do you obtain that?

3. NovastarX

NovastarX Big Damn Hero

Sorry. I thought it was dropped with the "Striped Wood" from Alien Trees. But I guess not. I'll correct it to "Striped Wood" instead and release a new version of the mod. And I'll also check some of the other ingredients to make sure they're still in the 1.0 version of Starbound. Sorry about that! I thought I got everything... :V

4. NovastarX

NovastarX Big Damn Hero

So the "Crystal Plant Seed" and "Alien Wood Sap" are no longer in the game. So I'm tweaking stuff. Everything else seems okay, though. I'll take a few moments to update the recipes and the patch files so everything unlocks and works the way it's supposed to...:cry:

5. NovastarX

NovastarX Big Damn Hero

6. NovastarX

NovastarX Big Damn Hero

And done! The 1.1 update fixes things. The recipe requirement is now "Striped Wood". :DD

7. HuggableCreep

HuggableCreep Big Damn Hero

Novastar this mod is the best i have seen which does this sort of thing, i must ask do you have plans for a FrackinUniverse addon for this mod?

also if you have steam i'd love to see it on the starbound steamworkshop

8. NovastarX

NovastarX Big Damn Hero

I don't have plans for any FrackinUniverse addons yet, though I'll have to look at whether or not they use new ground modifiers (I think I saw one in a screenshot). But it would be fun to add new Matter Synthisisers if I take the time to explore their planets and items. :DD And if I do, it will probably be an update here! (I just need to figure out how mod dependencies work)

As for Steam, I just need to change a few things in order to get it on there. I'm not sure when exactly I'll add it to the Workshop, but soon. :confirm:

9. NovastarX

NovastarX Big Damn Hero

Okay! I got it up on the Workshop! :party:It's just called "Ground Seeders". It took a crazy amount of work to get it there.:cry:

Now I can look at FrackinUniverse and see what all the fuss is about! :viking: And depending on how the assets look, I might make an add-on in this mod for any of their surface modifiers (in a non-invasive peripheral approach). But it might require some of their ores and maybe entirely new Nebulizer Modules... We'll see! :whoop:

10. HuggableCreep

HuggableCreep Big Damn Hero

Thanks again for the steamworkshop version, i'm going to guess you had to use steamcmd to upload the mod and yeah it was a pain to get setup for me too but its well worth it if you ask me.

11. Mooncalf99

Here's an idea for something I'd like to see: seeding bigger plants. Like the stuff you see in jungles and forests, and the stuff that grows all over the ocean floor. You can remove it with the MM, but it doesn't grow back. I'd like to be able to put down some bushes and stuff in my areas, and maybe have a water tank with some sea life.

Food for thought.

12. NovastarX

NovastarX Big Damn Hero

I've been thinking of that too! Unfortunately, I don't know how to add in those objects yet. Maybe in the future, I'll try to figure that one out. :nod:

13. NovastarX

NovastarX Big Damn Hero

Actually, I used Starbound's Mod Uploader Tool. It's kind of weird when uploading updates, but it's fine, I guess.:whoop: At least I got everything to look correct through trial and error! :party:

14. NovastarX

NovastarX Big Damn Hero

15. Mooncalf99

I'll look forward to it, then.

16. NovastarX

NovastarX Big Damn Hero

Got the go ahead from satyr, so now I'm working on the FrackinUniverse seeders! Yay! :party:It might be a while before I get the add-on made in full, but it'll be worth the wait! (there are almost as many new ground modifiers as there are in the base game)

17. Starcat5

Starcat5 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

About to test out the Steam version combined with the Deco Tool mod. With me luck.

...and a quick question: Can the Test Seeder be modded to spray regular ore? Sure, it would be exploitable as heck, but I am personally rocking end tier gear anyway, and just want to lace the walls with glowing ore (core fragments, etc) for the sake of mood lighting.

18. NovastarX

NovastarX Big Damn Hero

Yep! Grass and ore use the same method of existing in Starbound. As long as you know the coding name of the ore, you can technically spray them all over the place. :whoop: (I used the "Copper Bomb" projectile as a base for the mod.) Just modify the testmattercloud.projectile file to point to the modifier that you want.

19. NovastarX

NovastarX Big Damn Hero

Still working on FrackinUniverse integration. :viking: It's a long process. :cry: My base mod has 336 files across 76 folders and I knew the crafting ingredients and tier progression for the 1.0 version of Starbound. Now I'm working with an all-new set of resources to decipher. I have all of the artwork done and the objects work; now I'm piecing together the recipes and blueprint patches. When I'm done, everything will be modular and self-encapsulated. It just takes a while to make all of the working parts. :whoop:

I've also gotten requests for an "Anti-Weather" and "Eraser" spray as well as carpets. So... Those will be happening too! :geek: Of course, THOSE crafting recipes will be extra special (they won't be cheat objects, I promise!) :giggle:

I also want to fix a slight artwork problem and reform the player patch file. I think it might be causing a bug... :urgh:

20. NovastarX

NovastarX Big Damn Hero

NovastarX updated NovastarX's Ground Seeders with a new update entry:

Artwork Fix, Blueprint Fix, Tutorial Add-In, & FU Seeders Debut

Read the rest of this update entry...