1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated Novakid+ 1.4

playable mod race of the Novakid/Anodynes

1. SeroRamai

SeroRamai Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I would just like to point out... That respawn animation? Its amazing. And kinda makes me think of novakids as carbonated energy :D

mossaab123, Keihoshi and Supergeek like this.
  2. Juzztn

Juzztn Void-Bound Voyager

I hope the devs keep that animation when they bring in their novakids. Its the best thing Ive seen in the mods section.

3. Kytteh

Kytteh Void-Bound Voyager

I really hope that respawn animation is the official one. It's bloody awesome

ClockworkMidnight likes this.
  4. Juzztn

These are awesome. Is there a standalone mod for this? I want them now.

5. Thanks guys!

On another note, at least two people have already mentioned that the ship is "too dark," and that's a trivial thing to fix. But before I do that, I'd like to understand the problem a little better. Here's what the ship's image currently looks like:
    shipship.png
    Now, do you feel it's the color that's too dark, or the lighting? The train has only one built in light source, up at the front, so the outside's fairly dark.

current: ship.png vs illuminated: ship(light).png

Luthos likes this.
  6. Shadewarp

Shadewarp Pangalactic Porcupine

Illuminated is the best by far - the ship design is EPIC - I really really REALLY like it - and to hide it would be a shame

7. Crystan

Crystan Maverick Hunter

Nope sorry.

8. Juzztn

It's the illumination really. As long as light can reach beyond the edges so I can see the whole choochoo then its perfect.

9. Katzeus

Katzeus Chucklefisherman Chucklefish

Holy god, this looks amazing Bietol

10. Kytteh

Kytteh Void-Bound Voyager

[​IMG]
    Moonoil firing her crystal shot assault rifle from her front porch

MetaSieg, Juzztn and Bietol like this.
  11. ToTeMVG

ToTeMVG King Homestuck II

oh god i've been waiting for this mod the other one was just being developed too slowly
    i do hope that there will be tier weapons,armors and such later on though
    also i would prefer the illuminated version of the train

12. Alphredo

Alphredo Void-Bound Voyager

First of all, great mod. This is more or less exactly what I want from the Novakids. And, like everyone else is saying, the respawn animation is fantastic. The only issue I really have with it is that they don't produce light, which the official ones are supposed to. I imagine it being like the glowing effect, however they might just make it like the lantern, which for me personally isn't enough light. But other than that it's perfect. Also, in regard to the guy who was saying that it was pointless to add something that'll be out in a month anyways in the reviews, it's only been just over a month since the release of the beta. And from what I can tell we're still pretty early in the progenitor stage, which is the very first stage. We still have until stage 3 before Novakids are implemented. There is no way that they'll be here in a month. You're an idiot.

Anyways, again, great mod. I'm not sure if you'll be able to make it so they produce their own lighting but if you could that'd be amazing. Keep up the good work. :D

13. Juzztn

The only problem with giving them a lot of light is that you make certain items unnecessary. I don't think any of the races should have an ability that basically gives them a free item. They should be more for flavor and adventure, less for game changing.

Sepiola and Shadewarp like this.
  14. Alphredo

Alphredo Void-Bound Voyager

Yeah I can see what you mean. That's really just my own personal preference. My main issue is that if it's only as much light as the lantern on a stick then a lot of the ore in the walls goes unseen, which more or less makes it useless to me because I have to place torches down anyways just to make sure I don't pass up all the ore. Also, hyotl can breathe under water which I don't see to be too different as far as game changing goes. But none the less, these are just my own personal preferences and opinions. Even if I don't think they have enough light to them then there'll probably be a mod that comes along to change it.

15. Ghostar

Ghostar Steakeater

... Mother of god! Why doesn't CF just outright higher you!? :speechless:;

16. Shadewarp

Shadewarp Pangalactic Porcupine

You should reskin the doors, to a black material instead :)

Looks amazing!

17. Asatrix

Asatrix Guest

While I get that this ship is from the original images but I think it'd be really sweet to tweak it to fit their being from the stars a little more. Something made of energy would be really neat, sort of born of the same super nova that made them X3 don't know how possible it would be and I know the invisible ship lights are fps murder.
    And while a super nova birth would be befitting of such a race, the one you've done is outstanding. Just throwing ideas out there.

Wow wishing I'd paid a bit more attention to the earlier convos as it would have made it clear you might be attached to the train -.- sorry 'bout that. So uhm any concepts of an energy based ship interest you or no?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2014
  18. InevitableChoice

InevitableChoice Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I believe the entire ship should be illuminated.
    But I also believe the ship should be a slightly lighter color. Like a graphite type of black http://i.imgur.com/D3RwN08.gif